View Single Post
Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 12-22-2014, 11:42 AM

December 22, 2014

*Shyly comes into this thread* I completely forgot about it once school started back up!!!

I have some updates before the end of the year!

I finished my Masters Degree in Music Education. My final paper turned out to be 60 pages long! But I'm super proud of it!! On Saturday December 20th, I walked at my graduation! It was really cool to meet the students I have been classmates with for two years but have never met in person before. It was also cool to see the campus for the first time since I started at the school! LOL

The first semester of my third year teaching is officially over. I think it went smoother than the previous year - just in terms of being prepared. My winter concert with the students went REALLY well! We also did a Veteran's Day show this year which we haven't done before. So it was a really great semester!

The downside is that I have been sick for almost the entire semester. I got sick on September 4th. And I really haven't gotten better since. I have been on 5 rounds of antibiotics, a round of steroids, allergy medication, and more. But I keep getting sinus infections. I got a CT scan done of the area after I took the steroids in early December and the sinuses were actually clear at that time but my nose was not. But big surprise, I got sick again just a week later. :(

On September 6th I got to go to Philly to see my brother get married!!! I felt so welcomed in the family up there even though I've never met most of the family on my dad's side. The following day, my parents, my other brother, and I went to the Philadelphia Eagles Season Home Opener! IT was SOOOOO COOOL to be up there with fellow Eagles fans!!!!

Last edited by Maria-Minamino; 12-22-2014 at 11:47 AM..