View Single Post
Bloodyrosethorns1
It is impossible to make explicit and clear that which fundamentally by its very nature is vague

Old 04-24-2014, 10:23 PM

Jazereth gave a tired smile to Landon in return. "Thank you, Fire warrior." She knew that Landon was anything but ready to be called his new title. Even she had a hard time recalling the new name. As she sat with him at her side, she started to converse with him through their mind-link. 'I don't know if I made the right decision. Is there no other way? I feel as if I will have to watch my kin die before my eyes one way or another. I can't afford to be weak, now in their time of need. The proceedings have just made another excuse to swirl up a commotion. We were already hanging from a ledge, but now I think it's starting to crumble. I can't think of anything else to do. Am I being naive? Selfish? Childish? Or am I making the right decision? I'm sorry, Landon. I know it's not fair of me to burden you like this. Do you have any magical words of wisdom?'

Jazereth wanted to bury her face in her hands. Right now, when her pack needed her the most, she was being weak and showing emotion. What they needed was a leader that they could put their complete and utter faith into, not a spoiled brat like she had been acting. But what, she wondered, could she do to stop this war? There had to be another way! If not, everyone would die, and the souls that once bonded these fields in joy would litter the ground in decay. She could just imagine the pools of scarlet blood settling into the valley, and splashed across the rocky paths. Of course she wasn't afraid of blood and pain, but the thoughts of her peoples' screams of agony and their descendants cursing her, she...she just couldn't.

Then, a plan came to her. Each side would have it's fair share of casualties. The Vengeance clan must have stomachs of steel...or a secret weapon. But the Clans had four aces up their sleeves. Each Clan had their own secret magics, not to mention the ones they invented themselves. But the Water Clan's scroll had been stolen...but there was no way that they could've opened it to utilize the contents without an Alpha. An alpha... Oh hell! That's why they stole it! They had previous alphas! There was no other reason for them to steal the secrets without a way to open them. That meant, that the odds of the Clans leaving victorious was dwindling.

Turning to Landon she thought,'You know the leader of the Vengeance Clan right? Well, this may sound crazy, but I need you to help me meet with him. I just want to talk to him is all. At a neutral location. I'll bring you and he can bring one of his own, but no armies for either of us.'