View Single Post
Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 01-05-2017, 12:12 AM

January 4, 2017

Woke up to find that in the bathroom this morning :) My husband is so sweet! The inside of the card read: "Today, I decided to reinforce the point with a card!" and then my hubby hand wrote: "Just want to remind you: I love you!"

It's the little things that make me so happy!!!

I got together with my friend, Squee-chan today. She hemmed a new pair of pants for me. I'm only 5 feet in real life, so every pair of pants I purchase is incredibly too long unless they are of the skinny variety. I needed a new pair of black pants for work. I have one go-to pair of black pants for my teaching career, but they are so old, they are falling apart! A few months ago, I found a nice pair of black work pants on sale and bought them, but they were 5 inches too long! My friend Squee-chan ALWAYS hems my stuff for me :P I just kept forgetting to bring them when we would get together.

So today, I bribed her. I bought her Thai food for lunch (her favorite) and she hemmed my pants for me! Which is wonderful because school starts back up on Monday AND I am going to be at the annual Music Teacher Convention next Thursday through Saturday. So I really needed a GOOD pair of black work pants...not a pair that is clearly falling apart. (Not just falling apart...but they are so worn! The part in front on my thighs - I always rest my hands there or wipe chalk off my hands there...so they are permanently LIGHTER than the rest of the pant! LOL).

After that, I came home and watched a bit of TV and played with my cats! I love my cats! We got them at the end of June. We went to the Vet, who had rescue cats, with the intention of getting one. We walked in, and they said, "It's buy one, get one today!" My husband replied to them saying, "You did NOT just tell her that!" So of course we ended up taking two! They are brothers and they were the last of the rescued litter. We couldn't separate them! They are named Dublin (who is white and red) and Kinsale (who is grey and red). They are about 8.5 months old now but they are the size of a full grown cat!!!