View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-11-2016, 10:36 PM

Tarek let his land slide away after a second. Standing in front of Holly, he regarded her for a second. Her face said she hadn't been aware of the actions she did. Really, she could be so foolish, but he didn't mind that. "Heard something?" he tilted his head, listening. Maybe her faun ears just noticed more. Only the sounds of the forest behind them reached his ears. Tarek shook his head. "You still shouldn't run off though.

Sighing, he took Holly's hand and reveled in the strange ease that he twined their fingers together. Somehow it just felt natural. "Of course there are other humans like me. Am I so different?" Though he remembered Holly's first experience with his people, it felt distant now. The people in the town acted similar enough to him. Humans were humans in the end. "Look, let's just go back to the forest. I spend the nights at the town, so I'm not going back until the sun sets. Didn't I say I would spend my day here with you in the forest?"

He led the way back toward the trees, not realizing he picked a slightly different direction than they came from. It went deeper into the forest, toward where it bordered with the mountains, still far closer to the town though than his previous entrance to the area. The trees here looked older, no doubt hiding far more secrets.