View Single Post
Bootylicious
Treasure Hoarder
Staff Envoy

Old 05-29-2009, 10:50 PM

FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
Questions you may like to know the answers to. If you have any other questions, please direct them by PM to one of our AAs or any online staff member.

-> How do I get an event mule or sub-forum?
Pay "Bootylicious" by donation and PM one of our Assistant Administrators ( listed here ) to let us know the payment has been made.
When you are ready to start working on your event threads in your event sub-forum, PM one of our Assistant Administrators (ideally the same one ) to have it set up.

-> Does the staff make my homepage-banner?
No. You'll need to make one yourself. The dimensions are 280x160 and must have no typos and be appropriate for all ages. You will want your event dates on the banners.

-> Does the staff write my Announcement?
Nope - you have to write it yourself. Please spell-check it and format it in a readable manner. Please do not write in first person (ie: "My helpers and I are hosting an event!") Write it in third person (ie: "Join in on the fun of the [x] event!")
The Announcement will be made in the format of, "The users are hosting an event and have asked me to pass on the following information!"

-> Can I get a particular NPC to announce my event or appear at my event?
You can request it when you inform us about the event fees being paid, but the NPCs are busy people and the answer will probably be 'no'.

-> Who do I send my Announcement and/or front page banner to?
Please PM it to one of our Assistant Administrators ( listed here ).

-> If I don't want to purchase a sub-forum, where do I hold my event?
Well - it won't be considered an "event", but merely a series of contests - but host them in the appropriate subforum(s). If you have an art contest, host it in the Art Contest forum. If you have some sort of hang-out thread, host it in Menewsha Nations. If the thread is a game, giveaway, or other sort of thread that doesn't fit into any appropriate category, host it in the Community Contests forum. Please remember that word games belong in the Word Games forum.

-> Can I have an event rare made for my event, or make one myself?
Sorry - this is not possible. Event rares are solely for site-run events.

-> Why does the site seem to discourage user-run events?
Largely because the userbase itself doesn't seem interested. It would be worth the extra moderation work involved if the users were enjoying themselves as well, but for the most part too many user-run events are poorly planned, poorly advertised, and poorly run - resulting in poor attendance.

FAQ last updated: May 29, 2009.

Last edited by BellyButton; 04-18-2016 at 03:20 AM.. Reason: Replaced contact names