Thread: Editing
View Single Post
Menelaus
Spartan Warrior Extraordinairé

Old 04-18-2015, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarDustDreamer View Post
It makes me paranoid that I'm conveying certain ideas in my story incorrectly, or that someone will get the wrong idea about a certain situation in the story, or that they just won't get what I'm trying to say at all.
you know, no matter what the level of the writer's skill, there will always be someone who misinterprets the message the writer is trying to convey. so this is not really a pertinent reason to give up the ghost. you've got to stick in there and continue to both produce and publish your works, regardless of any self perceived mistakes you may have missed. because, as human beings, it is from making these mistakes that we learn and grow. e.g; a young child doesn't fully understand what is meant by "the oven is hot." atleast, not without some form of demonstration as to what exactly the oven being hot entails. a critic provides a similar service to a writer, or any other type of artist, which, when taken objectively, helps their to improve said artistic level of skill. so you really do need to continue to allow others to see your work if you want any hope of improvement, and take all forms of criticism as being constructive. because external criticisms are the greatest learning blocks of improved talent. or something like that ��
Quote:
Originally Posted by xuvrette
You are a researcher type! I love.
Crotchet? isn't that the same name with some musical notes?
lol, that;s actually quite correct. I don't really know much about the mechanics behind making music, but I do know that a crotchet is also another name for a quarter note ��

Last edited by Menelaus; 04-18-2015 at 05:33 PM..