View Single Post
p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 08-23-2014, 04:46 PM

Brumac watched speechlessly as three of his guests disappeared up the stairs, along with Peri. Two of them had run off quite suddenly, upset. Frewen was cleaning up Priscilla's mess. The ogre wasn't stupid. He'd caught on. And now he was angry. He growled a low menacing growl and moved around the bar, nine feet and two inches towering over Frewen now.

The kelpie had messed up, bad. "You come into my tavern, ask for a job, and tamper with my food?" he said, low voice still booming eerily. "You hurt my guests," he added in a snarl. His eyes were already turning hazy. Brumac himself was one for a good joke. But that hadn't been a joke at all. It had been cruel. Not to mention, tampering with someone's food or drink was unacceptable. Especially in his tavern.

Spikes elongated from his back and shoulders and around his face and he reached down to grab Frewen up by his shirt. He lifted the kelpie off the ground, bringing the man to his mouth where he opened his mouth before dragging his long pink tongue up the kelpie's neck and face. "I'm really going to enjoy this," he said, relishing the flavor of Frewen's skin. He had every intention of eating the kelpie right here and now. No one else was even around to notice...

---

Upstairs, Peri had flopped down on the bed to the room she'd entered. She was going to clean it, but for now she was just glad to be away from everyone and the madness of having orders shouted at her constantly. She jumped when a door nearby slammed, not knowing it had been Kioku.

She sat up in the bed and looked around, pleased to find that this room was actually already clean. No one had used it today. She flopped back down with a sigh. Peri lost herself in her thoughts, thinking about the witch she was searching for. It didn't help that the woman could be nearly anywhere. But Peri had come this far, and she was getting close. She could feel it.

Peri could also feel something else. Something off. Wrong maybe. She sat up again and listened. Eh, she was probably just anxious. Peri got up and straightened out the comforter before exiting the room and locking it behind her. She moved on to the next room, slipping the master key into the lock.