Thread: Mabinogi
View Single Post
Chrysothemis
Eternal Lurker

Old 12-26-2017, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facade View Post
I played this once MANY MANY years ago, didn't even know it was still around! And is level 1000 a real thing!?

Right now I'm playing (on and off) a similarly open-ended MMO that's still in Alpha called Project: Gorgon. You should check it out! It's been years in the making, is done by a very small team, and has a massive number of skills to learn and no class system.

...Not to poach your Mabinogi thread, just kinda cross-promoting this game. I don't think it gets enough love! It's free to check out, so worth a shot!

But on the topic of Mabinogi: What's the player base like? Are there still a lot of people playing?

And how long have to played it? I think I played it for a solid month and loved the concept, but that was around 2008/9 I believe. Just curious if you can speak to how it's changed (or not? D:) over the years!
No worries! I'll have to check it out.

With Rebirth it's totally possible to have a combined level in the thousands. I'm at 199 right now (49, in my current job). I've only been playing a few months, so I can't really attest to the player base with much certainty. The people I've met have been super nice, though few. The storyline is really cool, though. I've been enjoying it... until I got stuck on a boss...

The game is still being updated, though! Everyone's been preparing for the new skill, Chain Slash, to drop, and there's a lot of pre-release quests for it.