View Single Post
Facade
Ticking Time Bomb of Titillation

Old 10-31-2017, 06:02 AM

Eldweena: has awesome taste! Was just coming in here to recommend Wraeththu. I read it as a teen and it's really stayed with me over the years. Also really love how the original threw books are named - really fun naming convention!

Tanith Lee was a good friend of Storm's (RIP Tanith ) - always has been in my TBR pile but I've yet to get around to anything by her.

Storm's Immanion Press is quite active - she seems to do a lot of co-publishing with devoted fans who want to write a short story/novella within the Wraeththu mythos, and they're published under the Immanion imprint. A bit much for me, personally, since while I loved the Wraeththu books and hope to one day reread them, I'll never be too much into one fandom for a gazillion offshoots. She did publish a follow-up trilogy after the original Wraeththu trilogy, which I'd love to read after I reread the initial trilogy... hmm... someday.

Other recs you may like, each by a friend of mine:
-Amberlough by Lara Elena Donnelly (queer characters are front and center in a fascist alternative world modeled after Berlin at the rise of fascism in the 1920s and '30s).
-The Art of Starving by Sam J. Miller (really cool YA book that's again centered on a queer, a teen, and has lots to say about body image; Sam himself struggled with an eating disorder so this is especially intimate).