View Single Post
Nightingale
*^_^*

Old 02-13-2008, 09:39 PM

Before Solana could reply, the woman had dove back into her vehicle, shuffling until withdrawing victoriously with a white box. Within lay the bandaids and creams of a well stocked first aid kit. Gentle, warm hands applied a wipe to clear the blood, followed by a clear liquid and finally a bandaid. The clear strip instantly bonded to her skin, melting invisibly into the flesh to protect the wound as all band aids did., “Let me buy you a drink?”

“Oh, no, it's fine. This was quite helpful.” Solana said, feeling embarrassed about the whole ordeal, “I hope your car isn't scratched?”

“My car? Goodness that's the last thing I'm worried about!” She laughed, “I am Enikie.”

Solana grasped the offered hand and shook, “I'm Solana.”

“And please, let me buy you a drink. It'll make me feel better.” Enikie insisted, the concerned look etched in her face. Feeling rather guilty, Solana gave in with a nod.

“Well, couldn't hurt.” And it was in this manner that the two headed into a cafe. The older woman paid for two cups of tea, settling into a chair close to the door.

“Do you always drink tea?” Solana inquired.

“Actually I rather enjoy wines and such, but I wasn't sure if you'd be old enough or if the situation called for alcohols.” She laughed easily, her face reminding Solana of a mother figure, “Though I really don't drink a lot, I just like the tastes so I use it as a way of treating myself once in a while. I actually run an orphanage, so I dare not bring anything of the sort inside.”