View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 07-09-2015, 02:24 PM

As the ventured deeper into the woods, the two did eventually happen across a pond. It wasn't too far out of the way either. The dirt path that lead right to it was a very nice gesture by whoever built the cabins.

Now, the pond was nothing too fancy, but it was enough to get the job done. The water was a brilliant blue color and you could see the bottom. You could also tell that there were fish off on the backside and some frogs sitting on the lily-pads nearby. A few colorful birds of orange, red, and yellow, sat nearby and watched the girls. They were completely harmless and after verifying that neither shifter was a threat, began to chirp and sing away.

Reno, who was super hesitant of the whole idea of getting water (it probably had everything to do with the fact that she was fire), stopped dead in her tracks just before the water's edge.

"Yeah, so, ummm, this water looks questionable to me." She poked at it a few times. The face she made with each poke was downright adorable, despite the fact that she was wearing a disgusted face.

"I don't think we can trust it. Too suspicious. Do you see how it just looks back at as," her hand pointed to their reflections. "Just watching and copying faces like the creep it is."

With a grunt, Reno pulled back from the water's edge and pouted. "Yup, we're screwed. No water for us. Too creepy." Ears flicking toward the Unai, she laughed. Reno was just being silly and she made it known. "Although," her hand scratched her chin, "I did forget a bucket."

Whether they were going to go back and get a bucket (assuming Rory didn't bring one) was going to be up to the Unai girl. Reno seemed pretty content not getting water, as duly noted by her tail happily wagging behind her as she poked a little hermit crab.

"Awww, you're adorable. You shall be my Goobie." A second later, she was whining. "Bad, Goobie, bad. You pinch-ied my pinky!" Whimpering, she looked back at Rory to await instruction.

Meanwhile, back at the fire, Zero had finished chuckling up the meat. Morphing back into a man (his pants were in tact but the shirt was a goner), he found some utensils in the cabins. Paying little to no attention to the women, he started to slice away at the meat until he had slabs to start cooking. Back into the cabins he went to find metal grates. Much to his pleasure, there was something. It was a bit dirty but it was nothing a fire couldn't fix!

Once the cobwebs were burned of, he grabbed one of Ryna's leaves and used it like a napkin. It didn't do much for cleaning but it was a decent attempt. Finally calling it quits, he started to plop the steaks on the grate that sat above the fire.

"Did we want any spices," his silver ears flicked every which way as his face turned to Abilene. She was clearly the most capable when it came to gathering so why not ask her about herbs and spices. "I recall passing some catnip but that's about it."

"Spices and herbs would be nice, but not required. Most of you appear to be able to eat raw meat so don't worry about buttering it up for me." Ryna's voice was back to that dry, boring tone. Of course, Ryna's tune changed when she responded to Abi's comments.

"It is most excellent to know that the land is on our side. I believe we have you to thank for that? As a Forest Unai, you have my utmost respect. It is your kind that allows the land to look so lush. Although you didn't directly aid Rroy, daddy did mention that Forest Unai helped keep the thicket thin while he and his friends were on the hunt for the Raccoi that sought to destroy the forest."

Letting out a soft sigh, she placed another plate down. "We truly are lucky to have you with us. If you don't mind me asking, why did you and the Mountain Unai come here?"

Zero, half-interested, jumped in. "Yeah, it's odd that you would be here if you've your own land to tend. The three of us came because," he stopped to laugh, "well, I wanted to get away from father. He's been a real ass lately. Reno wanted to come with me and Ryna wouldn't let her twin and I out of her sight."

"Honestly, I shouldn't. You two would both be dead if I weren't around." She shot Abilene a quick grin, knowing that the sarcastic woman would take her side.

"Says the non Lypheion."

"Ha, I need not be what mom was. To be a Vyllkus is more of an honor."

"You always were dad's favorite," Zero growled. "It's why I can't stand him. Alienating his other kids. Tch, what kind of father does that?"

"The kind of father who lost his everything. When mom died nearly 10 years ago, dad changed. He used to love you and Reno very much. But now that mom's gone, he can't stand the sight of you. Not because he hates you. No, he hates himself. He lost mom. And you two are a constant reminder of his failure. I've never seen him so broken and weak,"
her voice was crestfallen and the look of worry in her eyes mimicked that tone. "I just hope this little bout of rebellion doesn't break his heart."

"As if," Zero grunted while flipping over the meat, "dad doesn't give a damn. So long as you're safe, he won't care what happens to Reno and I. Besides, it's time he let us leave the nest. He's been babysitting us too much since thing. He's too clingy. He had to let go. He has to move on."

"You're wrong." Ryna's voice was stern and forceful. "Daddy would never abandon us, even if it killed him."

TwitchTumblrInstagram
Wanna roleplay? WTF or Mene

Last edited by Xavirne; 07-09-2015 at 02:40 PM..