View Single Post
Aoi Kazuya
"I'm nobody, who are you?"

Old 02-05-2013, 05:15 AM

"A job..." Rei put a hand to his chin, running over the list of names he had looked over yesterday evening. "We don't really hire much, but I think we could do with the extra help. It'd be nice to have someone helping out in the back. Most of the time it's just the main baker and I, if I'm not running around in the front of house." Truth was, Rei had managed to scare the rest of the kitchen workers away. It wasn't like he did it on purpose, just something about him having a habit of thinking aloud seemed to scare them off. Okay maybe the topics he chose to wonder aloud about weren't exactly appropriate but...well eh, wasn't entirely his fault. He'd been brought up in a messed up household.

"I'd be willing to hire you, haha. I doubt Arianna would mind." Rei glanced to the girl and gave a slight shrug. "Yea..." he mumbled. And then a large smile appeared on his lips. "Oh! that's where I recognized Hatori from. I used to work here when i was a teen. I must have seen him then. But I'm not surprised that you don't know me. These last couple of years have been...eh... rough on me I guess? i wasn't around much." Rei said his finger now absently tapping against his chin. Now if only he could remember where they stored the employee forms... He really didn't mind hiring Yusuke, it was nice seeing somebody wanting to help out in this place after having been a customer for so long there.

Ari didn't push it when he switched topics, choosing instead to return his smile. "It's alright that you never spoke to me then. i was incredibly shy back then, haha. I think the only people I was close with were my Grandmama and Rei, but between you and me it's cause he acted more like my dad then a friend. He took care of me whenever my Grandmama was sick or too busy." She could remember him chastising her whenever she ran in the rain but then would join in puddle jumping if she asked him too. Rei had been really good to her, and she wished nothing but the best for him, since he seemed to be plagued with nothing but misfortunes when it came to his personal life...especially with his sister. Ari quickly shook the thoughts from her mind, no, she couldn't even touch that subject with him.

"Impressive? Do you really think so?" Ari turned so she could survey the place that she'd grown up in. "I don't think of it as a job...I think that's my biggest advantage. It's something that I love and treasure so it could never be work for me..." She turned back abruptly to face Hatori, suddenly serious. "If what you're doing isn't something that makes you happy, it'll never be something you'll be successful in. Sure, you might be able to make a ton of money...but what's money if you aren't happy?" Then she switched gears, smiling apologetically. "I'm sorry, it's just...that's something my Grandmama used to tell me all the time. I figured I should share her wisdom, you know?" then she leaned forward and pulled Hatori into a hug. "It's wonderful to meet you as well." She let go of him after a brief hug and laughed softly. "I'm sorry if that, it was uncalled for, neh?"