Thread: Lethal Parade
View Single Post
WinglessFairy
Teh Awesome
Send a message via AIM to WinglessFairy Send a message via Yahoo to WinglessFairy

Old 08-03-2011, 05:44 PM

"Vos! Vos!" Mach ran over to the mechanic joyfully, holding up in her hands a mumble of pieces and shards, "Only these ones broke today!" She ran around him skipping happily, then stopped suddenly in front of Vos again.
"Good thing too, Mister Lucifer was rather annoyed last time he had to make so much brass for us out of wood." She continued her joyful celebration.

~~

"YES, it is my REAL name. Don't ask me why my mother chose it, but she did, and I would kindly appreciate if people would stop asking!" Luke said, rather annoyed as the sixth person in a row asked the same ignorant question. Oh mother, she had the oddest sense of humour, Lord rest her soul! He sprinkled a little gold into the dish filled with a mixture of mercury and other chemical substances, his customers watching wide eyed as he poured this mixture into a rather odd shaped crystal via an ordinary funnel. The liquid settled into the different compartments in different mixtures, with more mercury seeping into the bottom most area, and water trying to force it's way up.
"But anyways, was it past or future you wanted to see? I need to run a different current for each..." Future, the man mumbled. Future, future, always future. Only little Marilyn ever asked to see the past nowadays. Whatever...92.567 Amps DC for the future it was. He pressed the second switch on the odd crystal's base. The mixtures began to glow, the colors floating differently in each compartment, until they mingled together and seemed to oscillate in some sort of pattern.
"Yes, yes, I know this doesn't make any sense to you. For your connivence, a viewing apparatus for the visuals, and I will interpet the rest for you. He handed the customer a rather odd magnifying glass, with facets in the crystal that would seem unusual in other circumstances.
"No, hold it like THIS and look through HERE." Oh ignorant masses.
The customer gasped as a clear picture was seen on his glass. Luke sat down again, adjusting the ludicrous hat Lethal had required he wear.
"Damned be this garb!" he muttered under his breath. The customers wanted mystique! They wanted MAGIC Lethal had said. Though not too much magic...
It was the one requirement Lethal had that Lucifer wasn't to fond of. That, and he wasn't allowed to study the odd ones at the circus without permission from them. Peh, legalities...
"Well, what you're seeing, as I'm sure you've realized, is a few minutes of yourself in the future. You seem to be dressed well, attending church with your wife...oh what? No wife yet? Well, you've got a wife in the future, so congratulations to you. Taking your mass I see, as the dots tell me of prayer chanting. But ooh, I don't like the sound of your wife's cough there. Can't tell quite what it is in these few minutes, but unfortunately to fast forward a little bit requires more materials..." Coins clinked into the nearby receptacle for money.
"I'll be getting that then." Lucifer could see just about a year's worth of someone's life in the crystal, although the viewing device would only show a few minutes without tampering. He'd always time it like such, as more money for Lethal meant more chemicals for him. He added a single drop of mercury into the crystal. The colors swirled and dashed about, and then settled again, the viewing device showing the woman coughing four times more within a few minutes.
"Ooh, yuck, yes that is not a good cough. I'd suggest when this happens, take your wife to a doctor immediately after church, and she'll be fine." The customer nodded, entranced by the vision.
"Well, don't just sit there, write it down!" The customer blinked, snapped out of his trance, and fumbled about for a pencil and paper. Lucifer rolled his eyes.
"Here you are." He handed the customer a scrap paper and pencil, who snatched it out of his hands and rapidly wrote a note to himself, to take his future wife to the doctor when she coughed in church. Of course, the idiot wouldn't write down the exact details of the time, and probably overreact every time his future wife coughed. Idiots.
Oh well, the money was had, and Lethal would be happy, and he would be happy when at the next town he'd have more mercury.