View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 11-06-2015, 09:03 PM

"How interesting," Zero said while keeping one ear on the girls. He could tell, based on Abi's hushed voice, that the subject was sensitive so he waited to question further until the trio was gone.

"Well, if we can get some berries, that would be a nice start. Eggs, too. Why don't you two check the bushes for berries and eggs. I'll see what I can find as far as herbs and roots go."

"Awww," Reno booed, "no meat?"

"Reno," Ryan placed a hand on her hips, "creatures would smell the meat. The whole goal isn't for them to come barging in when we sleep."

"Awww, that's no fun." Her tongue poked out from behind her pale lips. "Well, if we're on bush duty, let us go!" Whirling around, she pointed toward some trees. "Let's head that away!"

With a sigh, Ryna followed. She wanted to look in another direction for Zero came from this way earlier. Still, there was no swaying Reno. When she made up her mind, she had made up her mind. And so, into the forest they went.

"Don't go too far," she chided. "We need to stay a run's length away from the camp. Getting lost in the dusk isn't what I would call fun."

"Really? It sounds like a blast to me!" Giggling, she poked her head into the first bush she came across. "Huston," she called toward Rory, "we have found a very angry bird. Abort, abort!"

Meanwhile, back at the camp, Zero had finished drying the last of the dishes. Setting them in the empty end cabin, he went back to the deck to join Abi.

"So," his face seemed softer, concerned. "You're saying Rory has been here before? And she left... without her sister?" Rubbing the back of his neck, he laughed sheepishly. "Hell, I'd be dead if I ever left my sisters behind. I... I can't imagine what it must be like?" Looking off toward the woods, his brows curved down in sorrow. "Poor pup," he rest his chin on the railing. "Well, I'll keep an eye open and an ear up. If she wants to be found, we'll find her. I'll let Reno and Ryna know too."

His hand fell down to his hips and groped at nothing. Eyes opening wide, he glanced down to spy his katana wasn't neatly secured to his hip. With a growl, he muttered something that started with an 'A.'

Bounding up and over the railing, he ran over to where he once sat and scooped up the missing item. Again, he growled. Was he... threatening his sword?

Back at her side, he laughed. "Sorry about that." He patted the weapon lightly. "It was a gift and, heh... well, I'd like to not lose it."