View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 11-10-2015, 09:10 PM

At Abi's comment, Zero merely smirked. "Some things have a mind of their own. Or," his eyes reflected a rather taunting look, "perhaps you're blind. As someone who knows of magic and powers beyond those of humanity's limits, you sure do seem to have a lot of questions."

As Rory left the room, he shifted in the bed. Arching his back, he rolled out a yawn before raising. "But I do agree." There was a hallow gaze in his stare. "These woods are not to be trifled with. One victory does not mean we've won the war. Erring on the side of caution will be to our advantage. If only I could get Ryna to banish her pride and Reno to grow up." With a heavy sigh, he moved to stand beside the woman. "Sadly, I think fighting the forest will come easier than changing those two."

Nudging her lightly with his elbow, he left.

Much like Rory, he sought to be alone. Shifting into his wolf-form, the male trotted down the path to the lake. Spying Rory on the backside of the cabins, he paused in confusion. However, she seemed to seek out privacy for a reason so he didn't pry. He was curious, but that could wait. Head forward, he sought out his much needed bath. And, half-expecting the girls to bath together, he knew that meant he needed to get cleaned ahead of them.

The water was soothing, almost too soothing. He didn't want to leave it but, knowing food would be ready soon, he decided it was best to be quick in his washing. Fur doused from head to toe, he emerged from the water. Drip drying for a second, he then shook off the water before slipping into his human form. Having toted a bag with a change of clothes in them, he slapped on the new attire. It was the same black colored outfit, painfully boring just just what he liked. Soaking his dirty clothes, he began to trek back to the ladies. Sure enough, on his walk back, he didn't find Rory where he last left her. Instead, she was giggling beside the fire. Something had transpired and, from the sounds of it, it was funny.

"Awww, did I miss Reno do something stupid?" He placed a hand on his hip before giving Reno a shady glance. From the blackened backside, he had a guess as to what she had done.

"Nonsense!" A growl rumbled in her throat. She was wary of his questioning, knowing that he was smart enough to put two and two together. "I would never light my butt on fire!"

"Oh?" He grit his teeth to resist the urge to laugh. "I thought, being a woman of fire, you would enjoy such things. Might as well burn off the filth and grime from the night before, right?"

"Well, when you put it like that," she whirled around to stare-down Ryna, "that's what I was doing." Her cheeky expression apparent to all. It wasn't at all true. She was simply too busy nuzzling her sister to realize she had stepped in the fire. And, being one of fire, she didn't notice a temperature difference. Had Ryna not pointed it out and had Rory not started laughing, she would have likely burnt off her behind. Thankfully, they alerted her and, much to Reno's luck, she was perfectly fine. Embarrassed, of course.

Ryna, rolling her eyes with annoyance, sighed. "Brother, you mustn't encourage such behavior. You know it only makes her harder to deal with."

"Heh," he scoffed, "how is that my problem? She's your twin." Squinting his eyes, he smirked playfully at Ryna.

"Oh." Her chest puffed outward. "I'm sorry. I didn't realized having younger sisters meant you didn't need to protect us from harm."

"Oh," he said mimicking Ryna's cocky mannerisms, "I didn't realize you required baby sitting. Are you not daddy's precious little girl, capable of besting anything that happens your way?"

Blush creeping over her cheeks, Ryna turned her head aside and said not another word. Reno, who was too busy eating the berries she was supposed to share, was also quiet. Like yesterday, her cheeks were full and she was too happy choking to worry about the Zero 1 : Ryna 0 score.

Joining the women, he took a seat on the log across from Ryna. "I'm kidding," he said when he noticed her adverted gaze. "I would never let anything happen to you two. Even if I can't stand you, you're still my baby sisters."

Reno, who finally finished wolfing down the berry, purred happily. "D'awww, brobro." Elbowing Rory, she whispered. "Isn't he just so cute when he's trying to be all protective and tough?"

"Reno," he said with a sigh, "I can hear you."

"Oh yeah," her eyes rolled out in both directions before snapping forward toward the eggs that were finally done. "Food, food," she clapped happily.