View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 11-12-2015, 01:14 PM

As Rory spoke of her sister, Ryna's face lightened. A smile crested her features and soon she was nodding her head in agreement. "I would very much like to meet your sister, Faline. It sounds like we have much in common, both doing what we must to protect those we love." Her hand reached across the way to kindly pat Rory's. "Thank you," she whispered before her attention flew back to the rather noisy wolf-girl.

"Reno," she hissed, "keep quiet. We don't need the whole camp to know that we're in the nude."

At the moment, Reno's face flashed a brilliant red color. "Oh my god," she gasped. Her hands went over her lips and vivid crimson orbs grew large. "If someone saw my Rory, I would knock them silly. She's mine. NO ONE ELSE SHALL LOOKIE!"

Glaring across the water to the blonde, Ryna cocked a brow. "Really. You're going to kill me too?"

"Nooooo, you and Abi are safe. But if anyone looks at you, especially pervy boys, I will make them suffa!"

With an eye roll, Ryna shifted her gaze back to the Unai. Abi seemed lost in her own thing, leaving Rory to survey.

The woman seemed tired. How long had she and her sister been apart? She also looked worn, like knowing the details of this island were taking a heavy toll on her.

Finally slipping into the water, Ryna made her way over to the mountain Unai. "We will find your sister," her wet hand draped over Rory's shoulders. "And I'll make damn sure of it that nothing happens to you or Abi while we're hunting down Faline." With a firm squeeze, the raven pulled away to bathe herself. "And you know Reno will help too. She seems to have developed a crush on you." With a devious smirk she added, "Lucky you."

After the four were done bathing and washing their dirty attire, they began their walk back. It was refreshing to finally be free of the day's prior grub and grime. It was also nice to know that they still had hours of sunlight left. The thought of the dark, though Ryna's affinity, was far from welcoming. It seemed that, in these shadows and thick of the woods, her powers were weak. Was Zero having the same lackluster sensation? Thinking back to Akina and how he successfully fended off the intruder, she grimaced. No, it appeared it was only her.

"Can we please, please, please, please, please play hide and go seek with Zero?" Reno danced around the trio. "We can't tell him we're playing though!" With a hushed whisper she added, "Because he's the one we're going to hunt." Trying to suppress her fit of giggles, she let out a sigh. "I think it would be fun and most certainly lighten the mood!" Eye red eyes shot to Abi. "First one to find him gets to kiss him."

Ryna, in protest, rolled out her tongue in disgust. "No thanks. I do not want to kiss him."

"You can kiss Akina instead."

Ryna's gaze turned to stone. A dagger-throwing glare followed. The raven spoke not a word and it seemed to get beneath the blonde's skin.

"I won't mention it again."
She pouted before pulling back from the group a bit. Now walking sadly behind the others, she kept her gaze on the ground.

"I do agree though," Ryna finally piped up, "we should do something relaxing. Perhaps we can visit the beach?" Her finger pointed dead ahead. "Prior to landing, I recall seeing the ocean on that side of the island. I doubt it's a mile away. We could see if Zero wants to come with us."

---------- Post added 11-12-2015 at 08:34 AM ----------

"You're right," she began, "you were not alone. You have a sister, Rory, who you came to this island with. I don't know why, but it appears your bond has broken." A look of sorrow came to her face. "I'm trying to figure out why. Like you and your sister, I gave birth to a pair of twins--Ryanne and Noerina. They're twenty-three now. Unlike you and your twin, my girls are different species. Noerina, or Reno as she likes to be called, is the same as I. Ryanne or as she prefers, Ryna, is like her father. Although different, they are still very close." Her glaze flickered toward the lapping waves on their left. "I can't imagine a world where they would forget one another. Where their bond becomes broken. It must be... so lonely."

Her brows fell together before she reached out a hand and lad it on the Unai's shoulder. "Together we'll figure this out. I'm hoping, this object I want to show you, will help spark your memory some."

Aleu didn't say much else after that, knowing that Faline would want to let the words sink in. She would probably try to recreate Rory in her mind, a process that needed to happen. There was no need to interrupt or pester her for more information. It was clear that the Unai had been through a lot. Prying further could result in harm. Or worse, cause her to run.

Finally, when the sky was at its height point in the sky, Aleu stopped. Pointing toward a stone tablet, one weathered after months of exposure to the salt water and sun, she glanced over at Faline.

"Does this mean anything to you?" Based on the symbols, Aleu figured it was a tome of sorts. But just what it was and who used it was beyond her. It was likely important for most casters who required tomes used one tome for life. Was it Faline's? Or did it belong to someone else? Perhaps her sister? Did that even make sense?

Shaking her head, a growl followed. The sickly scent of blood lingered on the stone object, casting a chill down her spin. It was not a nice object, whatever it was. Even if it was used for good, Aleu was never a fan of blood rituals. She had seen one too many, thanks to Rroy's loyal worshiper Varun. Again, she shook her head. Tormented by the sounds of skin being split open and the light pitter-patter of blood rolling into the sand cast a white color to her skin.

Finally unable to bear the scent, her put her hand over her nose. "It reeks of blood." Her nose wrinkled. No matter how much nature chipped at it, the tome remained in-tact. And the blood, clearly caked on from years of casting and summons, seemed to be the main clue here.

TwitchTumblrInstagram
Wanna roleplay? WTF or Mene