View Single Post
Kry
Hero Complex

Old 07-07-2013, 03:53 AM

For a moment Lune resisted as Adela tugged her back towards the bench, but it was only a moment before she slipped back down to sit on the bench. Her eyes were on the fallen phone for a few moments, then they found Adela. There was fierce worry in them. "The life of my phone means nothing compared to the life of a-another person." Friend. Lune had almost said friend, and a slight blush had crept up to her cheeks in embarrassment for both stuttering and almost saying that word. Adela would never see her as a true friend, Lune was already convinced of that.

She had released Adela's hand, and now wringed her own a bit in her lap. Those eyes dropping back to stare at the phone, and once looking over at the dropped parasol. They were nothing but accessories, tools to be used and discarded once they were no longer useful. Lune felt like that as well, she knew she was just a tool, and once she outlived her usefulness her life would probably be over. That bottom lip trembled slightly and she bit down on it to stop it. The dove was also frowning slightly, and made no move whatsoever to pick up her fallen items.

They really were unimportant, she liked the usefulness of them, and the way the parasol matched the dress but truly they were not important at all. Adela was important, she was the most important thing in Lune's life and the little dove couldn't even tell her that. Lune was sure that Adela wouldn't even believe her, and even if she did the sentiment most likely wasn't shared. Adela would probably never think of her as anything more than a tool or a toy.

Kerian shrugged a bit when the girl mentioned hearing his piece once it was finished. "It might never get finished. It might be a song that goes on forever, all I do is touch the strings and let my heart write the music and you can never really tell where you'll wind up when that happens." As she introduced herself Kerian nodded slightly, and he was glad that she had agreed with him about heart or soul needing to be in a musicians work. "I'm Kerian, or you can call me Keri..doesn't really matter."

He ran a hand through his hair. "You know the same is true for artists and writers, if their heart isn't in it, they can't paint a pretty picture or write good stories or poetry. Beautiful works come straight from the heart." He looked down at his guitar for a moment, and ran his fingers over the strings lightly. That guitar was practically his best friend, sometimes he talked to it, but not today. Today he was talking to Mina. He looked up from the guitar and smiled at her, a bright smile that showed his fangs a bit but that couldn't be helped.