View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 03-20-2015, 01:32 AM

"Are you sure that it's the right band?" Berit asked the hotel receptionist. She was getting really tired of people telling her that they saw the band and then later on, finding out that it was the wrong band, usually a band with a similar name, or a similar "look". The receptionist only gave her the same answer, that the band that was staying there was called Opera At Midnight and that she knew nothing more of them other than that she'd just seen them come in and she'd spoken to a member just a few moments earlier.

"I'll probably have to wait until morning to talk to them..." Berit sighed. She kept running in circles with this case and it seemed like as soon as she got a step in the right direction, she'd take a few more steps back. She had no choice but to wait until morning to talk to them, just for questioning, but if she waited, she'd run the risk of them leaving town and her never finding them again. She still wasn't sure if the receptionist got the band name right, though it did match the information she had on her files...

The receptionist went on to tell her that she may be able to catch them while they were still awake, as they'd only gone to their rooms just moments before. Berit went against the idea of disturbing them this late at night. She's never had any experience with bands or rock culture, but from what she's been told, rock bands can be pretty testy, eccentric people. She didn't want to be on the receiving end of any ill will these members might have if she were to knock on their doors and demand answers to her questions.

"Thank you for the information..." Berit said to the receptionist. "And, if you can, can you give me their check out dates and check in dates and any more information on these people? I'll give you my work number. It's gotten so crazy in the field, I've got two cells, can you believe that? One for home and one for work. Gah." She made small talk as she pulled out a note pad and began to scribble her number onto the paper for the receptionist. "If anything suspicious happens, please notify me or call this number right below mine... Alright, I need to get going. This has been a long, tiring night for me and I don't sleep well at night knowing that there's murderers roaming around town." She quickly noticed the way the receptionist seemed to change her demeanor to that of a fearful child, trying to hide how scared they were. Berit backpedaled,

"Don't worry, I'll make sure that whoever is causing these disappearances will do time." With that she gave a friendly, reassuring smile to the receptionist and headed out of the hotel.