View Single Post
p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 03-18-2014, 05:46 AM

Some things probably should have thrown red flags in Nixie's mind. Words Rroy said like, 'retreat' and that he knew her name, though she had never seen him before. Probably also that he seemed to ignore that she had pointed out the red on him entirely. But they didn't.

Perhaps it was that 'Advil' she'd been given, slowing her reasoning. Perhaps it was just Rroy, and his majestic demeanor of sorts. He took her hand and kissed it, and Nixie's cheeks turned a deep sunburn red. She could feel it, and it only embarrassed her, bringing on the first signs of her incredible anxiety that started with her heart rate picking up significantly.

Rroy was incredibly charming, and gave Nixie the feeling of being a princess in a Hallmark movie. Only his appearance would tug at that feeling enough to make her wonder why he was here at LTB in the first place. They were all here because they were, well, broken. In one way or another. Perhaps Rroy's problem was that he believed himself to be royalty. Maybe he was royalty.

No. It had to have something to do with those eyes. He had a condition of some sort. It was hard to think about those things with him lingering so close to her. Half of her wanted to panic. Anxiety had already set in. The thing that happened to her when she felt awkward, thanks to her incredibly low self esteem. The other half of her imagined Rroy a prince, and herself in a billowing ballgown. The wind blew her hair gently as they stood in a flower garden, him kissing her hand...

Nixie snapped out of it to realize that Rroy was nowhere near her now. He'd moved to open a door, and Nixie hadn't said anything the whole time. Her cheeks felt hotter yet. She was such a weirdo! Rroy probably thought her half stupid. Bad first impressions one billion, Nixie zero.

She hurried along to close the space between them and enter the door he held, bare feet padding along the floral carpet. She kept her head down with her bangs over her eye between them, treating it like the wall she always had, protecting her from the world. She had a very 'you can't see me if I can't see you' mentality about those bangs, which was such a shame. Though Nixie didn't think so, she was hiding quite a pretty face and set of icy grey eyes.

When her anxiety had receded, and she'd started really looking around, Nixie found that LTB was actually quite beautiful. It was huge, and very accommodating, for a bunch of lab rats. So there was a gym? Eh... Nixie wasn't into that kind of thing. She could hardly lift her own body weight, and she'd sucked in P.E. in school. She couldn't climb the rope, and she thought her sides were going to burst any time she ran a quarter mile.

After a while, Nixie found that she had questions. She followed Rroy anywhere he went, remembering the rooms and information for later use, or not use, for things like the gym. "What do you mean 'ready'?" she asked, half sounding like she'd only been thinking out loud. "I don't really understand this place," she said, looking down in thought. "I've been told so many things, but no one ever says why the things are happening in the first place," She peered around her bangs at Rroy.

She realized it was the first thing she'd said in an awful long time. "I'm sorry," she tried to explain, "I'm not usually so quiet, or... weird." She paused. "Yes I am, actually..." She frowned at herself and half smiled at Rroy. He thought she was a loon, she was sure of it. She shook her head and looked at her toes. "Thanks for showing me around, that was really nice."

((Haha! I made myself laugh when she was imagining them like some kind of sappy prince/princess movie. He just killed a girl! XD Nixie has him allllll wrong, thanks to that second personality he just picked up.))