View Single Post
Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-27-2012, 11:51 PM

"We have once again been reminded how dire the situation is. But we have no time to weep for poor Princess Podeen. All we can do is move forward and assure that Dr. Wongo and his monsters are stopped. Let us move on to the museum."

Egyptian Exhibit
1000g
The Egyptian Exhibit undoubtedly has the tightest security in the place. There isn't an urn or sarcophagi that's not safely contained behind thick glass. Still, the artifacts are pretty amazing to behold. That's probably why the "Help Save the Museum!" donation box they put here was so full..

Kidz Zone

A lush green jungle awaits you in the Kidz Zone. It looks a bit like Jurassic Park for short people, and you're nervous as you don your complimentary Ranger Hat and crouch down to move between the ferns and potted rubber trees in order to explore the room. It would be very easy for someone or something to hide in here. Luckily, your search has concluded that the only thing you have to fear is snake plushies. (You're not afraid of snake plushies, are you?)

Master's Gallery

The Master's Gallery houses works of fine art, from smallish portraits of somber aristocrats to colorful landscape paintings that span half a wall. The underlying room decor gives you the feeling of visiting a parlor in a wealthy estate: the delicate neutral-print wallpaper, the raised panel wainscoting - they've even put in some well-groomed houseplants. It's quite soothing, and the image is likely to stay with you for some time.

Modern Art
1200g
Splatters and splotches. Oversized cubes stacked in uniform. Bits of metal bent at odd angles. ... Frozen blood heads. ... You just don't get modern art. On a nearby pedestal sits a piece of work entitled, 'Gold in Repose'. To your untrained eye it just seems like a pile of money. Pocketing your find, some will consider you a philistine, but at least you're a rich philistine.

Sculpture Garden

Stepping into the Sculpture Garden, your first thought is that you've arrived at the scene of a massive toilet-papering prank. Upon further examination though, you note that the white fabric strips that have been wrapped around the female sculptures are of the highest quality.

Technology Exhibit

The Technology Exhibit's current display shows how the portrayal of robots in cinema has changed over time. It's really quite interesting. You spend some time studying the placards and learn quite a lot -- enough to put on a mean cosplay of a vintage Retrobot later.

Gift Shop

Mahret the Mummy
SUBDUED
Sure murder and mayhem are fun and fill the day, but Mahret's reason for not breathing is her passion for fashion. Why back in the Halloween dimension she's considered quite the style icon, and tops every best dressed monster list. Upon entering our world, while every Podunkian ran from her in horror, she was horrified by their utter lack of taste. Above all, Mahret hates bad fashion... and those who make bad fashion choices. [+1 point] [+2 points]

Photo Gallery

Your group stands at the entrance of the Photo Gallery, hesitant to proceed forward. The lights are out, the room pitch black. Finally, a member of your crew gathers her courage and steps into the darkness. Finding the switch, you all jump at a sudden 'EEEP' as the lights return. Pressed against the back wall, a matronly-dressed woman stands frightened. Seeing you, she brings a hand to her chest with a sigh of relief.

"My goodness gracious, you gave me start. But I cannot begin to express how happy I am to see another human face. I'm Mona Faraday, the museum curator. Forgive me, my mind is reeling from what i've witnessed tonight. It sounds preposterous, but I was attacked... by a mummy! I was making my final rounds before returning home for the night, when I thought I heard a ruckus coming from the Egyptian exhibit. I investigated and was shocked to come upon a darkened figure. I called out and this person gave a howl of rage. It lifted one of our resident mummies and threw it across the room shouting, "That is not couture!" Then it stepped into the light. I was-- I was dumbstruck. It was a female mummy, but I know not one of our own. I gasped and she set upon me, screaming something about my hemline. I ran, making my way past the sculpture gallery and then hiding here. I wondered if I was going mad. --- You can't be serious. Monsters, overrunning Podunkia? I... What can we do? --- A portal disruptor? Well, I can't say one way or the other if it will work. But I will come with you and help any way I can." [+2 points]

Planetarium

The Crystal Skull of Xunantunich
Resting on a lit platform at the hub of the Planetarium, the Crystal Skull of Xunantunich stares forward with an unearthly glow. You ask Professor von Humboldt what function it serves for the Portal Disruptor. He says it just looks cool sitting on top. [+2 points]

Where is everyone?X

Here's where folks are:
  • Egyptian Exhibit - 1000g - ALL SENT
    Angel Spirit Girl - Link SENT
    Antagonist - Link SENT
    Athilea Majiri - Link SENT
    Cardinal Biggles - Link SENT
    Codette - Link SENT
    Demoscout - Link SENT
    Divacita - Link SENT
    Gmwolflord - Link SENT
    HIM_ROCK - Link SENT
    hummy - Link SENT
    Lacrimosa - Link SENT
    lizrd356 - Link SENT
    Mageling - Link SENT
    maidenroseheart - Link SENT
    Maria-Minamino - Link SENT
    mewmew07 - Link SENT
    PapillonCameo - Link SENT
    Saravi Boo - Link SENT
    Shadami - Link SENT
    ToriKat - Link SENT
    Woofie267 - Link SENT
    Woodlandnymph - Link SENT
    Wulfwynn - Link SENT

• Gift Shop
    d2hiriyuu - Link
    EirianHikari - Link
    EverlastingRitz - Link
    Flowery Pit - Link
    LizzyCollinsDeArc - Link
    The_Crow - Link
    Vickyll3 - Link
    zigbigadorlube - Link

• Kidz Zone - Ranger Hat & Black and Gold Snake - ALL SENT
    Fiona_Watergate - Link SENT
    GinKadia - Link SENT
    Ivvy - Link SENT
    Izumi - Link SENT
    Shishunki - Link SENT

• Master's Gallery
    Amorphous Metal - Link
    Arechi - Link
    Arinia Dreamdancer - Link
    Artsydaze - Link
    Emasaurus - Link
    Ferra - Link
    Neller - Link
    Popcorn Gallery - Link
    star2000shadow - Link

• Modern Art Gallery - 1200g - ALL SENT
    April - Link SENT
    DariaMorgendorfer - Link SENT
    Emma Corrin - Link[/URL] SENT
    Kent - Link SENT
    ~LONGCAT~ - Link SENT
    Shania583 - Link SENT

• Photo Gallery
    Anglie - Link
    Ascadellia - Link
    Damia Flagg - Link
    Iroase Delschatten - Link
    Sho-Shonojo - Link

• Planetarium
    blueblackrose - Link
    Darth Mudkip - Link
    Death_to_the_reaper - Link
    Dystopia - Link
    *Hime* - Link
    Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa - Link
    Jeannesha - Link
    Kay - Link
    Keondre Lorano - Link
    Ling - Link
    Nephila - Link
    Roachi - Link
    Seito - Link
    Superstition - Link
    sushi_mew - Link
    Velvet - Link
    Vinyl - Link
    Wrenji-chan - Link

• Sculpture Garden - Dancer Sash & Valentina Ribbon - ALL SENT
    Carzeebear - Link SENT
    CoffeeCow - Link SENT
    Cora Lorington - Link SENT
    DivineHeart - Link SENT
    fireprincess - Link SENT
    iC[a]ndy - Link SENT
    Kalium - Link SENT
    Kamikaze Kendra - Link SENT
    Kilia - Link SENT
    `Kitami - Link SENT
    Knerd - Link SENT
    LaVida - Link SENT
    Liztress - Link SENT
    MintyRey - Link SENT
    M i n u x e - Link SENT
    spicedroses - Link SENT
    Spunky3 - Link SENT
    WherededIgo - Link SENT
    wish - Link SENT

• Technology Exhibit
    dragoness129 - Link
    GwenaHikari - Link
    Hadsvich - Link
    Hatake Ayumi - Link
    KatMagenta - Link
    Kemii - Link
    Lunanuova - Link
    Seridano - Link
    shinigamikarasu - Link
    Shizuku-chan - Link
    Vox - Link

Last edited by Captain Howdy; 11-10-2012 at 05:42 AM..