View Single Post
Kriddles
Kriddles. It's Magic.
Send a message via AIM to Kriddles Send a message via MSN to Kriddles

Old 08-30-2012, 02:47 PM

I was here... why did I always end up here? I looked around seeing hospital walls and nurses walk past me, oblivious to my presence. I started walking down the hallways of the labyrinth. It slowly becoming desolate...hollow. The lights flickered and something always brushed past me. I never caught sight of it, even when I knew it was coming. I blinked and there were now skeletons anchored into the walls, reaching out to me in desperation. I could hear their cries, but they weren't why I was here. The hallways turned and twisted and then I saw her. I always saw her. She stood there, a raven on her shoulder. She never spoke to me, but I knew he was on the other side.... If I could just get to him. I took a step forward before something grabbed my ankle. Another and another. When I looked down I could feel my scream get caught in my throat. Why couldn't I make a sound!? The skeletal hands pulled me away from the old woman, pulling me closer to them. I felt their desperation, their anger. If they couldn't leave and receive what they want... why should I? I would be stuck here....

"TERRA!... TERRA!" It went silent before the woman squawked again. "Terra! For God's sake you are going to get yourself into so much trouble if the manager catches you! WAKE UP!" That's when she felt the cold hands of the other waitress shake her. Terra's eyes opened to see the petite triangular face of the other woman who sounded remarkably like a parrot. "Your shift started Twenty minutes ago! And you are supposed to be replacing me!"
Terra blinked and took in the words. Her face was expressionless for a minute, before panic crossed her face. "Oh Shit!" She leaped to her feet, before running to the elevator.
"No, it's totally cool! I've only been trying to wake you up for fifteen minutes! YOU'RE WELCOME!" The woman cried after her, before shaking her head and leaving.
Terra looked in the mirror in the elevator, fixing her red hair and cleaning up her make-up before the doors slid open. She always felt like she was revealing too much skin in the first floor uniform. The green sequined piece only covered what was necessary and didn't leave much else to the imagination. Fake ivy twisted around her body as an accessory while green pumps matched everything. She remembered she watched a movie once with a villain that looked a lot like her. What was her name? Poison something... She walked out onto the floor the lights pulsing with the music as the 'mermaids' swam above them. There was a time when she actually found this place to be a magical oasis that was an escape from the world. She fell in love with it and never wanted to leave. That must be how others felt when walking into this building. She grabbed a tray of appetizers before walking around with them. She moved around the floor, over the months she had become used to people reaching out to her and avoided them with a swing of the hip. Most of the women who worked here had learned this technique. If you didn't, you were prone to drunk pinches or worse. A newbie had just made the mistake of it not more than a couple of feet from her, and was now sitting in the lap of a man with his hand wrapped around her waist. Poor thing. Half of the Hors d'oeuvres were gone and several drink orders were lined up before she went over to the bar. She looked over to Lewis before offering him one. "Hors d'oeuvre, sir?" She couldn't help but feel she had seen his face before. Perhaps on television? That's right, he was a Politician. She turned her gaze from him and looked over to the barkeep. "I need a margarita, two shots of bourbon, five specials and a Long Island Iced Tea with a little red umbrella in it for that gentleman over there in the corner." She listed out the order with small grim smirk.

Last edited by Kriddles; 08-30-2012 at 02:49 PM..