View Single Post
ThorsViking
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-03-2012, 02:54 AM

Why am I talking to her?

“I know my reputation my dear, and I know the rumors. But facts remain I am a simple southern gentleman, raised by my dear, dear uncle, with the highest popularity in the polls ever. But, I can see why you think that others are dimwits. You are a rebel at heart. My office is filled with the best of the best; even my secretary went to Cambridge, back when the school meant something. Even before I was The Lewis Wood, I was just little Lou, people flocked to my smile. Some say it’s my eyes. It’s not that others are dimwits.” Lewis liked the way this sounded, so he made a mental note. “Business Men, Doctors, Lawyers, Sheriffs and Professors maybe, but no dim wits.”

Lewis train of thought left him.

O’Harron she said, that was the Mick’s name. O’Harron.

It was his last meeting of the day months ago. A boring day until two large men entered his office, a well dressed little man with a gold tooth came in from behind them. The gold toothed man, O’Harron, had a simple request. It was nothing more than a change of zoning, and keeping the police away from some warehouse. Two golf games later the job was done. No police and a random building became a bar.

Maybe that’s why I’m here; the short O’Harron told me I was always welcomed. James? John? What was is name... it started with a 'J'

“Sorry, I lost my train of thought. You keep looking at that man over there” Lewis said pointing at the drugged man. “Is he a friend of your?”