View Single Post
Sarahbelle
Rip Van Winkle

Old 12-21-2015, 08:12 AM

"I dunno... challenging, I guess would be the way to put it?" Since Rosemary said she was fine with the arrangement, Jenny slipped off her shoes and then sat on her own bed cross-legged. It was polite to get to know your roommate, and she liked learning new things, so why not sit and chat awhile while the other got settled in. She was still completely oblivious to how she was overwhelming Rosemary, but at least she was rather calm herself at the moment.

"It differs a bit depending on what your skills are and what courses you take, but while some of the professors can be really hard on you, they mean the best and some will work with you. They're just trying to get us ready for the rest of your life, you know?" Jenny herself didn't have many physically challenging courses as she didn't have abilities that would lend themselves to fighting. Instead, in addition to the required courses, she had an advisor that would give her directed studies and research projects that she would speed through. So her course load was a bit different than what Rosemary would likely experience, but she was still willing to try to give advice.

-----

"Second year, actually. This is your first, then?" He gave him a curious look, but still a friendly smile before shrugging it off. "Well, if you ever need anything, just feel free to ask me." He sat down his bags and began unloading his things into some drawers or whatever was there. He seemed to have varying interests himself, from his musical instruments to some sports memorabilia and even some philosophy books. He did notice Tumaini's frustrations with the thermostat.

"Yeah, they don't trust us with those for some reason." He chuckled a little. "If it's a serious issue for you, though, you should talk to someone on staff, or maybe next time you can make it into town you could buy an electric blanket or cold packs or whatever it is you need." It was just a guess on his part that Tumaini must be an elemental user, like ice or fire, as those seemed to be a bit finicky about temperatures. Of course he was wrong, but it seemed a logical guess to him.