View Single Post
Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-31-2015, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiviInLove View Post
It'd be a matter of figuring out where to put it where the dogs wouldn't get into it. Kids and dogs... insanity over here.

Oh, yeah! And add in an almost 4 year old - craziness! But I love it all! But both girls are crazy fast at getting places when they want to. Always have to keep an eye out! When we go places usually I take Soph (our youngest, and the one who just turned 1), and my hubby takes Becca (our almost 4 year old) so that we each have one to keep an eye on instead of one of us having to keep an eye on both. :P

Ugh - parents like that drive me crazy. Discipline your kids, at least let them know what is ok, and what isn't ok! Drives me crazy when parents let their kids get away with things like that. Yes, it will happen, at least let them know it isn't ok instead of letting them just get away with it! Kids who test boundaries and never have their parents let them know what is allowed and what don't are usually those problem kids as they grow up too. I hope that your cousins kids grow out of it!!

Ok, good! Glad that I'm not alone with thinking that.
It is important to know that sometimes what one thinks is funny won't be funny to others, and also to keep these two in mind as well:

I was just refreshing myself on what the rules say on things like that, just to make sure I understood what is and what isn't allowed.
Oh goodness - definitely a double whammy there!! Raised up would probably be better than lol!

Definitely a good tactic - it's hard when they're so little to have more than one kid at once when you're by yourself - especially in crowded placed :3

Right?? Depending on the situation, I'll step in and discipline the kids if they're at our house, especially if the parents aren't home - a stern talking to or a time out if necessary allows them to learn right from wrong and realize that there are consequences to not obeying/following the rules etc. - sometimes you just have to put your foot down! It's never easy, especially when they start crying, but they have to learn somehow!

The other thing I hate seeing is when kids hit/slap/kick etc. their parents or other people - I could NEVER imagine letting a kid do that!! I saw someone taking a screaming toddler out of Turkey Hill while we were making ice cream and while she waited for a staff member to open the door, the kid was slapping the mother in the face left and right and the woman was just letting her! I couldn't believe it. That definitely floored me - and unfortunately it's not the only time I've seen it!

I agree :3 I just don't want to see people get in trouble for posting how they shouldn't be. :( Especially because it can lead to a permanent infraction or temporary disabling of an account etc.!