View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 01-14-2018, 02:31 AM

This was written in 2013.
I changed my name at the end and also added []* incase there is any information that I felt needed to be added in order to understand the letter...

Dear Nate Reuss [Lead singer of "fun."]

Really, I'm just writing to you because this pen is really cool. I'm in the hospital right now and I'm feeling incredibly lonely. I miss my home, my house, everything. My room, especially my bunny! I also miss listening to fun! I used to listen to fun. everyday. I have all of fun's albums and I listen to both daily. I especially loved Aim & Ignite. Definitely my favorite album ever. I have so many favorite songs from that album. One I really liked was "Be Calm".

I'm in the hospital because I was worried about being watched and in that song it feels like you understand how that feels. I don't know if you've ever been in a mental hospital, but it's so lonely. And it can get incredibly boring. This is my 3rd time in the hospital and I hate it. I just want to go home so I can hear your voice once more, Nate. I am a fan of your voice. Thankfully, I was able to bring my ukulele and I can play "Some Nights" and "Why Am I The One" often.

I really also liked the song, "Just Give Me A Reason" some lives I can really connect to. When I was a kid, my boyfriend sexually abused me. I have been having "real bad dreams" since. Your voice helps me sleep, though. I will hopefully be discharged soon so I can go home and hear your voice again.

Your fan

- [Ava]