View Single Post
ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-28-2018, 01:04 AM

January 27
Prompt: D is for...
Dorian Grey, which is a really good and gay book that i still have never finished. good reminder.

Selfies of the Day:

Song of the Day:

Quote:
You want what you turned off turned on; you call it sunset, now it's dawn.
You can't go around just saying stuff because it's pretty
And I no longer drink enough to think you're witty.

Tarot Cards of the Day:

Click to ExpandX

Santa Muerte: 7 of Swords reversed

Quote:
We are still in a crisis moment but having reflected and reasoned, we have managed to open the barrier that kept us isolated to see a new hope born. The seven of Swords opens up new roads, new projects, and a renewed trust through which we can overcome debate, gossip, or problems directly connected to fear.
Advice of the Dead: Look around you and realize that nothing can block your road anymore. Therefore persevere and concentrate all your energies without sparing yourself.
Note: the meaning of this card is mostly intact for me, even though it's reversed. where the reversed-ness comes into play is in the matter of trust. even though everything is going well, and i'm out of isolation and working on all these new projects, i still don't trust that things will continue to go well and that the people who are being kind to me are actually kind and will continue to be kind. and i was involved in a debate yesterday, and even though i agreed with most everyone, it made me feel uncomfortable. i never sound very smart in verbal debates that i haven't prepared for. also, i'm a total gossip. i haven't really been gossiping since i don't know anyone well enough yet, but this card could be a warning to avoid badmouthing people like i have in the past. i really don't enjoy speaking ill of others, even if it is sometimes cathartic.

The Wild Unknown: II The High Priestess

Quote:
Mystery, Psychic Wisdom.
The High Priestess sits in stillness. From there she's able to access realms others pass by without noticing, the vast world of intuition, dreams, and mystery. She uses silence and non-action to harness this power. Sometimes this card appears to remind you to listen more closely to the voice within. Other times it's a sign to look past the obvious, to find what's being kept secret or hidden within a given situation. Acknowledge the shadows.

Twin Peaks: XVIII The Moon

Quote:
Releasing inner demons, suffering from phobias, being overcome by anxieties. Believing illusions, chasing after a fantasy, deceiving yourself, having unrealistic ideas. Having vivid dreams or visions, opening to the unconscious, entertaining unusual thoughts, being outlandish and bizarre. Losing direction and purpose, having trouble thinking clearly, being easily distracted, feeling disoriented, wandering aimlessly.
Note: oh man, i loooove The Moon in this deck... such an accurate depiction of the dark side of this card. i don't actually feel this too strongly today, but the moon is a card i strongly relate to. i'm definitely an anxious, bizarre, disoriented, and distracted person with some sort of supernatural feel to me. so, not specific to today, but a pretty apt description of part of my personality, lol. this also goes really well with the High Priestess that Wild Unknown gave me.

Homestuck: VIII Justice

Quote:
Fairness, ethics, impartiality. Taking responsibility, holding each person accountable. Weighing ones options or all sides of an issue. Accepting consequences, karma, understanding coincidence.
Note: hm, not sure how this applies today. i guess just a sign that i need to hold myself accountable?

Rider Waite: 9 of Pentacles

Quote:
Discipline, Self-Reliance, Refinement.
The woman on the Nine of Pentacles is taking a leisurely stroll through the gardens of her estate. She is clearly a lady of refinement and grace, so it is incongruous to see on her left hand a bird trained to hunt and kill on command. Falconry is an unusual hobby for a gentlewoman, but it is the key to the special nature of this card.

On one hand, the Nine of Pentacles represents all that is most gracious, high-minded and civilized. Art, music and other forms of beauty are very much part of our physical world (Pentacles). Coins are present in this scene, but they are toward the ground. The business of life is important, but we don't have to focus on practical matters all the time. We can also enjoy the finer things of life. In readings, the Nine of Pentacles can imply an interest in these areas. It is also a sign that you may need to reject the coarse or offensive and seek the highest.

The Nine of Pentacles can also be a sign of discipline and self-control. This woman enjoys her cultured life because she has mastered her baser instincts. Her impulses work for her because they do not rule her. The falcon symbolizes all that is dark and unruly in human nature. Our shadow side can serve us well, but only when it is directed. Sometimes the Nine of Pentacles suggests that you must show restraint and self-control if you are to achieve your best efforts. You may have to "sacrifice" for the moment, but the results will be worth it.

This card is also a sign of self-reliance. Sometimes you must trust our own ability to handle a situation. Resist the temptation to let others do for you. You need to take matters into your own hands. Our elegant lady has done just that. She trusted in her own grit and determination, and now she enjoys all the best life has to offer.
Note: ughhhhh, this deck!! it always calls me out like this. i didn't practice self-control today, and that's why i drew The Moon from Twin Peaks. i need to channel my High Priestess and Moon energy into something productive.

Diary entry:
skipped yoga at the Capital Pride center... i didn't want to be the only person in the class again and also i got misgendered last time so i'm like. :/ plus, i'm feeling really socially drained and tired so i don't really wanna do yoga at all. got a haircut today, tho! i'm not in love with it, but it does make me look more masculine. next time i'm gonna get the sides shaved just as short all the way up to the middle, and then i'm gonna start growing the middle out, like how my hair used to be.