View Single Post
ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-30-2018, 01:45 AM

January 29
Prompt: In the kitchen
Scout made "American Pad Thai" today. it's super tasty. it's just chicken noodle soup with rice noodles and no broth. also, i found a Kickin' Kitchen CI on the marketplace!! so now i might make some kitchen avis. probably a non-DAC version of my Haunted Bakery.

Selfies of the Day:

Song of the Day:

Quote:
Prefiero amores platónicos; consuelo de tontos solitarios.
Prefiero amores imposibles; consuelo de haber perdido demasiado.

Tarot Cards of the Day:

Click to ExpandX

Santa Muerte: Queen of Cups

Quote:
The Queen of Chalices fully represents the favorable energy of which this suit is a part, generous in feelings, capable of spreading affection and spontaneity. She is a maternal and intuitive person and only in certain situations will transform into an attractive dangerous woman, dishonest and capable of creating misunderstandings and scandals.
Advice of the Dead: You can completely trust your intuition or that of a female figure who is near to you and whom you believe to be reputable.
Note: this must refer to my goddesses. probably a reminder to take care of myself.

The Wild Unknown:

Quote:
Balance, Change.
The Two of Pentacles signifies inevitable change. Since the Pentacles suit relates to earthly possessions, this usually means a new job or financial situation or a move. Even if you fear this change, it needs to happen and might even be fun. Face it with the grace of a newly formed butterfly… a world of possibility balanced upon your delicate wings.
Note: reminder to keep everything in balance and manage this new situation.

Twin Peaks: Ace of Pentacles

Quote:
Focusing on concrete results, achieving tangible results, improving the body/health. Enjoying abundance, experiencing growth. Being realistic, using common sense, grounding yourself in the real world. Trusting others, feeling safe and protected, having a support system, knowing the situation is stable.
Note: i think this is what i'm working towards.

Homestuck: Page of Wands

Quote:
Symbolically, this card may refer to an imminent message regarding the start of a trip or adventure, or to a time of new learning and adventure. This may also represent a person in the reader's life who, like Clubs Deuce [the character on the card], is full of child-like energy and enthusiasm.
Note: gotta channel that energy on this new learning adventure.

Rider Waite: XIX The Sun

Quote:
Enlightenment, Greatness, Vitality, Assurance.
Brilliant. Radiant. Sparkling. So many of our words reflect (!) the power and glory of light. When we turn on the light in a room, we illuminate it so that all the dark corners are visible. When we turn on the light in our minds, we are enlightened. We see clearly and understand the truth. Both within and without, the energy of light expands our limits and makes us shine.

Throughout history, people have honored the Sun as the source of light and warmth. In the myths of many cultures, the Sun is a prominent god - full of vigor and courage. He is the vital energy center that makes life on earth possible. In the tarot the Sun also symbolizes vitality and splendor. The Sun is definitely not a meek and retiring card.

In readings, you will understand Card 19 if you imagine yourself to be a Sun God. How do you think and feel? You have total confidence in yourself. You are not cocky, but profoundly sure of your power. You have unlimited energy and glow with health. You have a greatness about you and stand out brilliantly. Finally, you see and understand all that is happening within your sphere. When you see this card, know that you will be successful at all you undertake. Now is the time to let your light shine.
Note: my facet, ílios. this card is a very good sign. i believe it, and i believe ílios and Bailey have been shining, but it can be exhausting to be "on" all the time. they might have the energy for it, but they forget the body doesn't have endless energy reserves, so they're limited to that.

Diary entry:
went to a transfer student luncheon, mostly for the food. it was just sandwiches, but it was something! the gluten-free bread was pretty good and there were brownies. i didn't really gain anything from the presentations, just an impulse to do more when i am already doing too much and the resulting stress from that. then i hung out at the GSRC for a while, which was nice because i got to talk to people i like, but not nice because i'm socially exhausted apparently. but certain alters want to hang out there all the time as much as we can so we can have friends and because we won't have this office forever so we have to make friends while we can or else we'll never have friends ever again after we graduate. i decided to go home after class instead of hanging out there again, and my alters were mad but i'm just so drained! they agreed to let me leave, i just got depressed because i didn't know what i was gonna do once i got home and they were like "if you had just stayed there you would've had something to do!" ughh. and phonology was mostly review... it wasn't boring per se, i just wish we could get on to stuff i don't already know and analyzing data sets etc. oh! i saw my classmate Dorian in the GSRC so i know now for sure that he's queer. and now we're like kinda classfriends, so now i have someone i can work with when we do groupwork! hopefully he'll be in some of my other linguistics classes too. and i talked to the teacher after class and found out that the reason i pronounce words like "hen" and "gem" as [hɪn] and [gɪm] while other people pronounce them [hɛn] and [gɛn] is because i lived in North Carolina when i was 6-7yo. it's a Southern thing, just like i thought. and then he explained the theory on why different dialects are spoken in different areas of the US, and it has nothing to do with temperature, or elevation, or any of that. the working theory is that a small group of people (or even one person) who were influential started saying words differently, and other people mimicked that because they wanted to be like the influential people. it also happened in one region of Spain where the governor or equivalent started saying [s] as [θ] and then that entire region started saying it like that too. although... if i remember correctly, that might have been because he forced them too? but regardless, similar situation. but it was interesting to find out that there's no real rule to how dialects developed in the US (or in England??), it was just all random. language is so cool.