Old 02-01-2018, 12:57 AM

January 31
Prompt: I'm reading...
my textbooks! :~D

Outfit of the Day:
same as yesterday.

Song of the Day:

Quote:
I'm cutting my mind off, feels like my heart is going to burst.
Alone at a table for two and I just wanna be served
And when you think of me am I the best you've ever had?
Share one more drink with me, smile even though you're sad

Tarot Cards of the Day:

Click to ExpandX

Santa Muerte: 8 of Cups

Quote:
A new moment of balance that, although connected to emotions and feelings, leaves some doubt as to its duration. This is probably a precarious stability. If not faced in a serene and satisfying manner it may mutate into a difficult situation, through laziness, self-isolation, or fear of possible delusions.
Advice of the Dead: Accept your actual situation and the possible failures, and try to be receptive and disposed towards a change of equilibrium destined in any case to mutate..
Note: WOW. this card is too accurate right now.

The Wild Unknown: 9 of Pentacles

Quote:
Happy, Healthy Home.
Always a welcome card, the Nine of Pentacles is a time to enjoy the many results of your loyalty and hard work. This may be a promotion at work or newfound stability and happiness at home. It's even possible that you'll find yourself enjoying the finer things in life, as luxury and refinement oftentimes accompany this card.
Note: a good sign! it's nice to have things going well in my relationship while everything else is so turbulent.

Twin Peaks: 8 of Swords

Quote:
Feeling restricted or persecuted, being trapped by circumstances. Feeling confused or overwhelmed, needing guidance and clarity, being unsure which way to turn. Feeling powerless, doubting anything you do will help, waiting for outside rescue, accepting inaction.
Note: definitely confused and overwhelmed today. and i accepted inaction in one situation today, and felt powerless. i'll fix it tomorrow.

Homestuck: 5 of Swords

Quote:
The subject has been drawn into a conflict they're not equal to winning. Despite all knowledge and planning, they simply have no chance of success. This card poses the challenge of learning your limits. The subject does have the opportunity to learn from their loss.
Note: what i take from this is mostly that i'm working on learning my limits. if i don't learn my limits, i won't succeed.

Rider Waite: 6 of Wands

Quote:
Triumph, Acclaim, Pride.
The Six of Wands is the minor arcana counterpart of the Chariot. Both of these cards represent moments of victory and triumph. Sometimes in life, all we want to do is win - to be number one. You can see this dream in the faces of athletes, politicians, and other champions as they step into the winner's circle. It's all been worthwhile. I'm the best. I've won!

In readings, the Six of Wands appears when you have been working hard toward a goal, and success is finally within reach. The recognition you have sought so long is yours. Now you can receive the acclaim, honor and reward that you deserve. If you do not feel close to victory now, know that it is on its way provided you are doing all you can to make it happen. The victory of this card does not have to involve beating someone else. You can triumph over yourself, the environment, or the odds.

The Six of Wands also represents a healthy self-esteem. Feeling good about your accomplishments is an important part of success, but too much pride can lead to arrogance and self-inflation. When you see this card, check that you are not feeling superior to others. It is easy to forget that individual achievement is not really individual at all. Our talents begin in the Divine, develop with the love and support of others, and only in the end express through us. How can we indulge in excess pride?
Note: "If you do not feel close to victory now, know that it is on its way provided you are doing all you can to make it happen." i don't need to push myself any harder than i am; success is still within my grasp. also, a reminder to make sure i have a healthy self-esteem and strike that balance between self-deprecation and being completely full of myself. also a reminder to be proud of what i have achieved rather than focusing entirely on what i have yet to achieve.

Diary entry:
phonology was good, and i got a lot of homework done before class and i did pretty well on it, although there were a few stats questions that stumped me, which i wasn't expecting. talked to Dorian after class, we're prolly gonna study together at some point, prolly on Thursdays. and i might join the male a capella group he's in. the end of the day was really frustrating, i don't wanna talk about it. but now i'm stoned and all my homework is done so i feel better and i can relax.

Last edited by ghostPastry; 02-01-2018 at 01:19 AM..