Prompt: Purity
is a really gross concept!

Color of the Day

Spanish Word of the Day:
Patinar - to skate

Selfie of the Day:

Song of the Day:

Quote:
God shake this sickness, won't this decade ever end?
Oh, it's be going on for years, been happening for years.
Can't face the truth, why can't things always just begin?
Because they always end in tears, they always end in tears.

Tarot Cards of the Day:

Click to ExpandX

Santa Muerte: King of Wands

Quote:
Even with an authoritarian and dominating presence, the King of Wands incarnates rectitude, wisdom, ambitions, but also honesty and faithfulness. This arcana pushes us to aim high towards our ambitions, diffusing complete success to our projects and desires.
Advice of the Dead: Follow the advice of a strong person in whom you trust without fear and this will be particularly remunerative and rewarding.
Note: definitely fitting for today! i did a lot of studying.

The Wild Unknown: 5 of Wands

Quote:
Scattered, Lack of Focus, Lost.
The Five of Wands is a card of conflict. You may find yourself scattered, distracted, tending to everything and nothing. Since Wands deal with our dreams and goals, it usually means this conflict resides within. Your energy moves outward in many directions, yet you are suffering inside. Take this card as a warning: find ways to bring calm and focus to your mind, or these troubles will only increase.
Note: pretty true. i found ways to make focusing easy today, and i didn't have to go anywhere so i was calmer than usual, but this card addresses my general state very well.

Twin Peaks: Knight of Wands

Quote:
Is physically attractive, sometimes to the point of being entirely focused on style and appearance. Generates glamour and excitement, but avoids deep or serious matters. Totally lacks self-doubt and has a can-do attitude, but can overestimate abilities or boast and brag. Will risk anything without fear, but can be reckless and rash, possibly endangering self and others. Adventurous and restless, seeks novelty and change and can't set down roots or make ties. Makes things happen, but lacks inner peace and serenity. Feels everything powerfully, and is passionate; angers easily and lashes out when riled.
Note: interesting. i can see the restless part, and having a hard time setting down roots and making ties. i can also see feeling things powerfully and lacking inner peace and serenity.

Homestuck: 5 of Cups

Quote:
Like the other fives, this card concerns a substantial personal upset. The Five of Cups is about intense emotional regret, feeling that one did not appreciate what is now gone. This card represents deep regret with a note of encouragement: not all is lost.
Note: not sure how this applies today... i've felt this recently, but not at all today.

Rider Waite: 3 of Cups

Quote:
Exuberance, Friendship, Community.
There are three cards in the tarot that focus on the group - each from a different point of view. For the Hierophant, it's the formal approach. For the Three of Pentacles it's teamwork, and for the Three of Cups, it's emotions. What does it feel like to join with others? What is friendship and community? These are the questions answered by the Three of Cups.

On this card, we see three women dancing together in a circle. Their arms reach out to each other to connect their feelings (Cups). In many settings, women create and nurture the social glue that bonds people together. These dancing women are a symbol of coming together in love. (Of course, these feelings do not only relate to woman.)

In readings, the Three of Cups can signify a friend or the feelings associated with friendship. This card can represent community - the network of support created when we interact with others. It can be any group in which the members feel a bond. When you see the Three of Cups, examine your attachments to the groups in your life from an emotional point of view. Consider reaching out to give or receive help. This card stands for all forms of support, including formal aid such as counseling and other social services.

The women on the Three of Cups also express joy and high spirits. Such feelings are not limited to groups, but can be especially strong there. Celebrations spontaneously arise when people feel connected, loved and secure. The Three of Cups can stand for a mood or experience that makes you feel like dancing and singing.
Note: uhhh. i was pretty isolated today. maybe this card represents what i'm longing for?

Diary entry:
just did a lot of Spanish studying today. i feel a lot less nervous, the app i'm using really works wonders! you get to make your own flashcards and then it quizzes you on them.

Last edited by ghostPastry; 02-15-2018 at 08:24 PM..