Quote:
I got a girl and she don't have to work
She can tell which horse is gonna finish in first
Some nights the painkillers make the pain even worse

Tarot Cards of the Day:

Click to ExpandX

Santa Muerte: Page of Wands

Quote:
An arcana in continual movement, a messenger, a stranger with good news and contacts who come from afar. The Page of Wands brings with him small displacements, reliable new things and subordinate situations that could however be transformed into uncertainty in acting, inconclusiveness or excessive delays.
Advice of the Dead: This is the moment to become more independent and to manage your own affairs by yourself, given that you are more than able. Delaying this will only bring about problems.
Note: this is good to hear! i've noticed the displacements, and today i certainly ran into contacts who came from afar and some good news that came in the form of good food and "my team" winning the Superbowl. :P ("my team" meaning the team i was told to root for lol)

The Wild Unknown: Daughter of Wands

Quote:
Visionary, Passionate.
The Daughter of Wands is a free spirit, a truly visionary creature. She usually waits until later to settle down or start a family, as she's busy with her career. She can be stubborn and much stronger than she looks. As with all the Wands family, the Daughter makes a dangerous enemy. This card can also represent a woman going through a transformation or spiritual breakthrough.
Note: same card as Santa Muerte. :0 i love how well this shows how different each of my decks are. still true for me, tho! i'm very busy with my schoolwork and not yet ready to settle down and get a cat. ;P it's weird how gendered this deck's interpretations for the court cards are, but regardless of that, i think this card fits me pretty well right now.

Twin Peaks: 7 of Wands

Quote:
Going after what you want, asserting yourself, making your point forcefully, seizing the advantage. Holding out against pressure, defending your position, refusing to yield, saying no, resisting authority. Standing up for what you believe, demonstrating strong character, knowing you are right.
Note: i guess i sort of did this! i went to a superbowl party and stuck to my decision to only talk to people i know, and it worked out well. i didn't pressure myself to be social, which was hard to do because the expectation at a party is that you're supposed to be social. i had fun just hanging out with Scout, and he said he'd've done the same thing even if i wasn't there.

Homestuck: King of Wands

Quote:
Great ambition, especially with regards to politics, careers, and personal travel. As a person, this King is a leader of men who fills a room with his presence.
Note: lotsa wands lately. guess i've been super ambitious! i think i've gotten this card from this deck before... i definitely don't fill a room with my presence, but i like to think people usually notice me? i mean. i don't love being noticed, but i feel like i stand out and people tend to remember me.

Rider Waite: 3 of Pentacles

Quote:
Teamwork, Planning, Competence.
The Three of Pentacles is one of the cards in the Tarot that focuses on the group. (The Three of Cups and the Hierophant are the others.) As Pentacles are grounded and practical, this card represents a task-oriented team - people who are working cooperatively toward a common goal. There are few jobs that can be accomplished alone. We need the help of others to achieve our goals. Sometimes the Three of Pentacles is a sign that you will be more productive if you work with others. You don't have to do it all by yourself.

This card can also show a need for planning and preparation. Now is not the time to rush into something or begin a project with only a vague idea of what it's about. You need to think everything through, go over all the possibilities and make sure you work out the details. Do your homework, and your undertaking will flourish.

Another feature of the Three of Pentacles is competence - the ability to get the job done. How rare this is nowadays! This card tells you that you have the skills and knowledge you need. You can attract capable people and create a successful environment. Know that the situation is (or will be) in good hands, but be sure to concentrate on excellence in your work. Be proud of what you do and how you do it. Then you will accomplish your mission.
Note: i've been doing all my work alone so far, and this tells me that i'm going to need to work with others in the future as my work gets harder. i have been doing a lot of planning and preparing, though, especially with Spanish.

Diary entry:
homework all day, then a superbowl party with some of Scout's friends and a bunch of other people we don't know. i don't know anything about football, but Scout bought some boxes so we had numbers to root for and then i chose my favorite guy on the team we were rooting for (Eagles), #31, who was a cornerback and i think did a couple cool things? i wasn't really able to follow the game at all. i ate a LOT and was high all night, but like a nice, socializing high. just like someone having a couple drinks. oh! and the bathroom of the house we were at was AMAZING. it was all space-themed, the walls had constellation wallpaper, there was a blue star-shaped nightlight, the curtains were sparkly with moons and stars and the shower curtain (which i posed in front of in my selfie of the day) was also space-themed. and to top it all off, there was a little hand-towel with cats on it. my dream bathroom, tbh.

Last edited by ghostPastry; 02-15-2018 at 08:24 PM..