February 7
Prompt: E is for...
Elephant!

Spanish Word of the Day:
Encantador - charming

Avis of the Day:

Song of the Day:

Quote:
Taste, my love is sweet when hearts like ours meet.
I fell for you like a child, ohh but the fire went wild.

Drawings done today:

Tarot Cards of the Day:

Click to ExpandX

Santa Muerte: 5 of Swords

Quote:
A great inner conflict is afflicting us and makes us feel humiliated. Fleeing or fighting seem to us to be the only ways to deal with the situation. It will only be through acquiring a new point of view and following the flow of the battle that we will manage to undermine this negative destiny, improving ourselves and exiting the crisis strengthened and enriched.
Advice of the Dead: This is not the moment to oppose what seems to be adverse but to follow its movements and its flow, exploiting it to your advantage.
Note: this sounds like a bad card, but it's actually a good one. this is about my struggle to get tests scheduled with the Disability Resource Center, and it sounds like things are going to work out if i just let go and follow the flow, and that in the future i'll know how to handle this issue.

The Wild Unknown: Daughter of Pentacles

Quote:
Responsible, Kind, Supportive.
You'll usually find the Daughter of Pentacles behind the scenes rather than out in the spotlight. Though quite shy, she's extremely hardworking and responsible. She handles details and logistics well-- people depend on her. She has vast amounts of inner strength. Like all of the Pentacles family, the Daughter thrives when in nature.
Note: this sounds like it's about Scout.

Twin Peaks: 7 of Wands

Quote:
Going after what you want, asserting yourself, making your point forcefully, seizing the advantage. Holding out against pressure, defending your position, refusing to yield, saying no, resisting authority. Standing up for what you believe, demonstrating strong character, knowing you are right.
Note: this card again!! i got it yesterday and on the 4th too! i guess it's pretty true since i'm working really hard to get these dang tests scheduled, but otherwise i'm not sure how relevant it is for today.

Homestuck: 10 of Wands

Quote:
Maintaining the empire you've created, leaving little time to reap the rewards of your hard work. The task at hand has been brought to completion, but requires much upkeep and continuous emotional and mental investment. The subject may need to work on entrusting others with some of their workload.
Note: yup! i got into school, now it's about maintaining good grades and good mental health.

Rider Waite: 10 of Cups

Quote:
Joy, Peace, Family
On the Ten of Cups we see a loving couple with their carefree children. The family home is in the background, surrounded by trees and water. A rainbow of cups is overhead blessing the scene. A cynic might scoff at this romantic picture, but I see it as a symbol of what our emotional life could be at its best. The feelings represented here are an ideal that is within the reach of each of us.

First, there is joy. Joy goes beyond happiness, contentment, enjoyment. It is the feeling that comes when we know at the deepest level that we are one with all that is, and it is good. Unfortunately, this is not exactly a common feeling! Too often we are blinded by the trials of life and overwhelmed by their challenges. Joy exists, though, and is our birthright.

Peace is another aspect of the Ten of Cups - the serenity that comes when all elements are in harmony. There is inner peace and outer peace which are reflections of each other. When you are in harmony with yourself, you experience harmony in your environment. When you see the Ten of Cups, know that an end to hostility is possible. If there is fighting around you, it may cease. If you are at war with yourself, you may find peace.

In readings, this card often signals a time of abundant blessings. It tells you that you can reach for the fulfillment you deserve, and it will come to you. Look for ways to realize joy and create peace. You may find the key to happiness in your family. Your family is the group of people you are attached to emotionally - for better or worse! If there is trouble in your family right now, work to restore harmony. The time is right for greater closeness.
Note: this card again! always happy to see it. obviously, this describes the state of things at home. most of my cards have been talking about school, but since there's none today it makes sense that two of them would be about my home life.

Diary entry:
snow day. :( that means phonology and zumba are cancelled, and this was a special queer-friendly zumba too. also, i slept through my alarm and woke up right when my cab showed up, and only got the email that campus was closed 10 minutes after i got in the cab, so i had to have Scout call them to get the cab to turn around and take me home. hhh. on the plus side, i figured out the test scheduling system and was able to schedule almost all of my tests. i swear they changed how it worked between now and the last time i used it. and i've got an appointment tomorrow to fix my issues with the test i'm taking next Monday and to schedule the test i can't schedule. i'm so tired. i guess it's good everything got cancelled. :/ at least i've got some phonology reading to do, so that'll make up for not having the class, and i can also do yoga to make up for the zumba later.

Last edited by ghostPastry; 02-15-2018 at 08:23 PM..