Prompt: Violet

stickin' to my Vday theme~

Color of the Day

Spanish Word of the Day:
Bola de nieve - snowball

Song of the Day:

Quote:
He whispered "oh my god, this really is a joy to behold."
Thought he said "it's a joy to be held," so I held him too close.
It was a grave mistake; he never came back again.

Tarot Cards of the Day:

Click to ExpandX

Santa Muerte: 10 of Swords

Quote:
The chrysalis has closed and the moth is now complete, evolved and able to hang from a height and have a total and impartial view. The pain, the problems we have dealt with, the tears we have spilt, have reached their apex and are transformed, ready to overcome the situation by grabbing the opportunities that are presented in front of us and that we are now able to deal with.
Advice of the Dead: Sublimate all the negative events that have passed and make the most of all the possibilities that are manifesting around you as soon as possible.
Note: this is the third time i've gotten this card from this deck. today i think it's telling me to let go of the negative and focus on the positive and the future.

The Wild Unknown: 10 of Cups

Quote:
Radiating Energy
The Ten of Cups overflows with positivity. Your goals are being realized, and the excitement surrounding you is magnetic to others. You may feel as though light and color radiates outward from you– almost as if you’re shining. Experience sensations like this with an open and joyful heart. Do not doubt this power.
Note: this card again! i felt it after i completed a really difficult assignment today.

Twin Peaks: XVIII The Moon

Quote:
Releasing inner demons, suffering from phobias, being overcome by anxieties. Believing illusions, chasing after a fantasy, deceiving yourself, having unrealistic ideas. Having vivid dreams or visions, opening to the unconscious, entertaining unusual thoughts, being outlandish and bizarre. Losing direction and purpose, having trouble thinking clearly, being easily distracted, feeling disoriented, wandering aimlessly.
Note: still love this card in this deck. i definitely had me some anxieties and disorientation today.

Homestuck: V The Hierophant

Quote:
Knowledge, education, seeking deeper meanings. A system of belief, following rules or identifying with a group.
Note: all about that education.

Rider Waite: 8 of Pentacles

Quote:
Diligence, Knowledge, Detail.
On the Eight of Pentacles we see a young man who is hammering away at a coin. He has finished six and has another coin to go. It is clear that he is in the middle of a project that absorbs all his attention. He's isolated himself from others (the town in the background) in order to concentrate. In this scene we see the essential elements of the Eight of Pentacles: hard work and attention to detail.

This card often implies a time of great diligence and focus. It advises you to hammer away at the business of the moment, whether a work project, family difficulty, personal goal or unpleasant duty. Sometimes blessings fall into our laps to be enjoyed. Other times we must put out great effort to obtain them. The Eight of Pentacles represents moments when you must give 110%. Just buckle down and do it. Fortunately, this kind of work is invigorating and leads to superb results. The labor of the Eight of Pentacles is deeply satisfying and productive.

The Eight of Pentacles can also symbolize the impulse to learn - to broaden horizons (to use an old-fashioned term). Sometimes we need to develop new skills. We do research, dig out facts or search for expertise. The Hermit is looking for inner knowledge. The man on the Eight of Pentacles seeks external knowledge - the how and why of the material world.

This card can also show the need for meticulous attention. People who are painstaking are often dismissed as nit-pickers, but their extra effort ensures everything is as it should be. It's a matter of caring - taking the time to check the little details. Now is not the time to be slipshod or casual. Look for errors, and tie up loose ends. The key to success is an extraordinary effort. Whatever your task, the Eight of Pentacles tells you to give it your all in every way.
Note: yup.

Diary entry:
ahh, today was frustrating. but i'm glad spanish was cancelled and i got to go home early. stats class was nice, but the homework beforehand was a beast. i don't really wanna talk more about my day. Bigs scratched me in the face.

Last edited by ghostPastry; 02-15-2018 at 08:22 PM..