View Single Post
Ponta
One is never too early to monologue.

Old 12-26-2009, 03:34 AM

>>> Bright Light

I woke up to the world’s most horrendous sight...
A confined, white room with a blinding bright light.
The kind of light where you never know what time it is.
The kind of light that you think may be comforting...
But instead you know it means danger.
The kind of light you wish was the lord’s…
To end the evil you’re about to face.

I felt the elbow go into the back of my head before hitting the metal table. They hadn’t made me bleed yet – just starve. My throat was horrendously dry but I’d have to break my silence before I could take a drink of water. But I was keeping my lips sealed – they could break all my bones before I let them know where she was.
“Come on Zander,” my interrogator barked, “How could you break the call of duty for some woman!”
It was easy…
“You’re the best detective this police force has seen.” He shook his head, “And you’re going to go to jail because of your idiocy.”
I loved her.

Finally, he left the room frustrated. I was waiting for someone to relieve him… maybe even a person that was ready to crack some knuckles. Whatever it took, I wasn’t going to speak. I couldn’t incriminate her.
Then the interrogation continued – with a much more severe ultimatum then any jail sentence.
“I know you’re a smart guy, Zander,” he stalled before continuing, “And if you do go to jail, you already planned to have Elliot and Emery stay at your brother’s…”
I cringed. I knew exactly what they were planning.
“But with that recent DUI he had, he doesn’t seem to be a very fit guardian. Looks like your boys could easily end up in the foster care system.”
I couldn’t believe they were going to sink that load. I looked up at that bright light, feeling like death was closing in on me, my family, and the one I loved.

Characters:
Zander from City of Blues