View Single Post
Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-11-2015, 04:11 AM

Dinner and a movie, they go hand and hand. You've finished the former, now it's time to see what's playin' on the big screen. "I know the perfect movie." Your date says.

But be wary, many films, like dates, are duds.

Day Four StoryX

J +10 Points
Whatever one might think of RomComs, they are the perfect film for a first date. Cheerful and light, with no weighty subjects, and a little something to please each person. Romance for those not too keen on slapstick, and comedy for those with no interest in the mushy bits.

B +9 Points
Ideally, blind dates should be lighthearted and casual. Both of you are just getting to know each other and aren’t ready for anything heavy. So a drama, with its serious themes and sometimes uncomfortable subjects, might not seem like the best choice. But you and your date genuinely enjoyed this one. The film was so insightful and you each had much to discuss afterwards.

I +8 Points
You’re pleasantly surprised to see your date has chosen one of your old favorites. You’ve seen the film dozens of times and can recite the script backwards and forwards. It would have been nice to see something new, but you’re excited to share this gem with another person.

H +7 Points
Say, now here’s a film you’ve been hoping to see. It looks so romantic. You’re a bit surprised, though; your date doesn’t seem like he’d be into these kinda movies. And sure enough, every time you glance over at him, he’s playing with his phone. “Are you bored?” You ask.
“Well,” he hesitates, “Sophie said you’d want to see this. But it’s not really my cup of tea.”
That’s too bad. You would have liked to see something you’d both enjoy. At least you’re having a good time.
(You've also won: )

E +6 Points
You like to think of yourself as someone who can appreciate the artistic and avant garde. So when your date suggests a foreign art house movie, you’re all for it. Little did you know that it would be a bleak, Bergmanesque film with blurry visuals, sparse dialogue and no soundtrack. Seriously, this makes no sense. Why is that lumberjack crying? And where did all those balloons filled with blood come from?
You can’t make heads of tails of this. But… best pretend you do, so you don’t look dumb.

G +5 Points
It’s not that you don’t like anime. Some of it is quite fun. It just seems like an odd choice for a first date. And it’s a magical girl anime, to boot. One that your date seems a little too excited about. Any hopes of enjoying the movie, though, is ruined by his constant commentary. Did you know in the manga, Princess Sashimi is actually a 43 year old business man who transforms into a magical girl thanks to the powers given to him by a mysterious talking daikon radish? It’s true.

A +4 Points
You enjoy a good comedy as much as the next person. But the only good thing about this movie is the popcorn. This flick is pretty bad. Puerile humor, tired pop culture references, and enough cliché movie tropes to choke a horse. Your date seems to like it, though. He’s laughing his head off. I guess there’s no accounting for taste.
(You've also won: )

F +3 Points
If there’s one thing you can’t deal with, it’s horror. You tell your date you’d prefer to see a different movie, but he’s insistent. “It’s won’t be that scary.” He teases. You try to be brave, but end up watching most of the film through your fingers. I guess you won’t be sleeping tonight.

C +2 Points
“So what time do we have to be at the theater for the film?” You ask. Your date grins. “Oh we don’t need a theater.” That’s a head scratcher.
“What do you mean?”
He pulls out his smart phone. “We got the perfect movie here. Or should I say purr-fect!”
This guy is off his rocker. You lean over and see a shaky, grainy mess. “What’s that?”
“It’s a movie I made of my cat, Mr. Squishy.”
This can’t be for real. “Are you serious?”
“Yeah, isn’t it great.” He is totally oblivious. ‘Oh look, here’s the part Mr. Squishy sees a bird. But it’s actually an airplane. Ha ha! Now he’s meowing at it.”
“Uh… how long is this movie?”
“Only two and a half hours.”

D +1 Point
Really?! Why are you still on this date?

Day Four EntriesX

A
Babyblueyez25 -
Iroase Deslchatten -
Roachi -
Xogizmoox -

B
BellyButton -
CrimsonShadow -
EirianHikari -
sadrain -
sushi_mew -
zyne -

C
Cora -
dragoness129 -
~LONGCAT~ -
Maha-Aamir -
Mimmu -
Mythos -
shinigamikarasu -
star2000shadow -
zigbigadorlube -

D
DivineHeart -
Dystopia -
Jeannesha -
LaVida -
PrincessKasumi -
Woodlandnymph -
Wyrmskyld -

E
Chexala -
CK -
Damia Flagg -
Liquid Diamond -
Maria-Minamino -
Nephila -
wish -
Xo~GREMLIN~oX -

F
GwenaHikari -
Mnemosyne -
Nema -

G
HIM_ROCK -
KatMagenta -
salvete -

H
Cardinal Biggles -
Elirona -
fireprincess -
Seito -
sjacklene -

I
Ascadellia -

J
Divacita -
GummyBearKisses -
hummy -
Kamikaze Kendra -
Kent -
Kushinada -
Roxxxy -
Shadami -
Vanora -

Last edited by Captain Howdy; 02-19-2015 at 02:55 AM..