Thread: The Artifice
View Single Post
GregDinskisk

Old 12-01-2011, 03:41 AM

(Sorry, I had like five tests to study for the last few days. DAMN YOU SCHOOL! I'll post a long one, and one tomorrow, but I won't be on for Friday or Saturday (I may early on Friday, but unlikely), sorry for being so inactive... Also, people welcome Gemini, she just joined the RP. Also, thanks for taking over, going ahead in time. That was smart. And needed. We could have been at that time slot a LONG time.)

Alex

Alex sat in the bathroom, sweating over a sink, staring into a mirror. He had been in there for almost 15 minutes now. Sarah can handle it alone... Genesis has been doing a great job. This little problem will go away in a couple minutes... Those were his thoughts about ten minutes ago. All of a sudden, he was alert. Someone else was in the room. He knew it was wrong, because the door hadn't opened.

What the hell? Alex thought. Why now? Why is it here? He thought it. Interesting thought coming from Alex, automatically knowing it was an it. A dark thought entered his mind all of a sudden.

No. It is not now. It is forever. This moment is forever. What you see isn't there NOW, it's not there in a moment, it's always there. In another sense, it's never there. Thoughts are interesting things, aren't they?

Somehow, Alex had known that time had frozen for a minute. He had also known that the moment was always open for the thing doing this. Whenever he wanted to, he could come back. Haunting. Forever. That moment was forever was his thought.

The entity sent another thought, but it appeared to be much stronger. Alex knew this was sent to more than just him. He collapsed.

You are chosen for a game. To win, play. To lose, don't. There are stakes. Don't think there aren't. Oh, and, you do have a choice in the matter of playing or not. Just, the latter choice holds consequences. Don't mess up.

He woke with a start. There was a small crowd around him. One of the people was Tiffany, Carl's girlfriend. Others he had recognized from the bar. They came pretty regularly. He wasn't too good with names though. Just faces. When shooting, one doesn't need to know any names. Just who to look for.

"Are you okay?" Tiffany asked, "Carl went to look for you, found you, and called me. I did CPR. It obviously worked."

He groaned, weakly, a pain in my stomach. "So, where is he?" Alex asked. He had looked around, but didn't see him. ShitHe thought. Where's a brother when you need one?

He stretched, told the watchers to go back to doing what they were doing, and left the restroom, to check on how Genesis was handling herself.

The Creator

There are two kinds of people in the world: talkers and doers. All talkers got are talk. They say they're going to do whatever it is they want, but they don't; they pussy out. Doers? They're the opposite. All they have are actions. That's all they CAN do. They MUST do it to survive.

At least, that's what The Creator thought. He wanted to observe his experiment. Figure out how they handle themselves. But, that was a different story. He had been watching some for time now. Alex was one. Genesis. Mike. Rosemary. They all have some role to be filled in this.

However, there are those who don't. So they're gone.

Vanished.

Neither here nor there.

Gone.

However, gone isn't what it seems. Sarah is gone, Genesis took her place. Carl has a role to be filled, as do Alex, as do their parents. Some are gone, but not. They're here, but not there. Like Alex's parents, who died, making him a soldier, shaping him up to be a candidate. Carl has a role to influence him as well, so he's here.

So do Mike's friends, specifically Goldstein. So did the violent death of Genesis' father, by the New York Destroyer. Who also comes in to play later.

The Creator has it all lined up, and it was going to plan. Carl would soon die. He was actually in the process right now. As is everyone in the world.

Except The Creator.