View Single Post
Immy
Winter Is Here...I think...

Penpal

Old 01-13-2016, 04:06 PM

(I owe you a post)

Dimitri slept as soon as the sun set, just until it rose those few hours later. He wasn't used to not sleeping, but lately he hadn't been able to get to sleep. Dimitri had been having odd dreams that hardly made any sense to him. Dreams that made him think something bad would happen if he went to sleep again. He could remember standing in a field of dead plants and trees. The creatures of the forest that died around him were dead as well. He didn't understand since he took great care of them, he was softer and kinder than he appeared.

Kneeling to one knee he placed his right hand on the ground feeling the dry dirt beneath him. Dry dirt. That's not right. He thought to himself thinking he always kept in balance with the other elements. It rained just a few days ago so the ground should have been moist at least for a bit longer. Standing up he glanced around at the fading color of the leaves falling from the trees. They fell far too fast while the ground began to shake. Earthquakes. It was something he didn't come across often in his eternity he was upon the earth. If the earth was healthy then so was he, but if for some reason something bad happened to the earth. Well he could feel it more than anything else.

Sitting on the ground in a meditate position with his legs crossed native style. Taking a deep breath while closing his eyes, he sat unmoved. If there was one thing he learned growing up within the earth around him. It was that meditating could break all his fears and return things to normal. Focusing on the sounds of the forest that he couldn't hear in his mind like usual. So he tried to concentrate to bring them back to his mind. He sat there for awhile unmoved then stood to stretch. He could meditate for hours, but even he knew nothing good would come from it. Glancing around he walked over to a certain tree. This tree had been his shelter and home when ever he wanted to stay in tuned with nature. It was the oldest tree in the forest he chose to stay in most of the time. As well as the biggest which made it hard not to be able to see it.

Once he placed his hand on it to link himself to the tree, he felt it all. The pain surged through the tree, an incredible heat which was flowing into him. It was as if the tree was getting chopped down or burned right in front of him. The pain was all over his body as he sank to his knees. He almost didn't let go until his familiar, Jacky, came over to console him. Finally letting go he sat on the ground petting the top of Jacky's head. "Don't worry, I am fine dear friend." Dimitri spoke as Jacky hopped onto his lap. Jacky was a familiar that was a jack rabbit and rather quite fluffy at times. So petting the jack rabbit brought peace of mind to Dimitri. "I wonder if it's a sign." Dimitri sighed looking up to the tree he feared to touch again for the pain was almost unbearable. Everything around him was dry and dying, why was that?