View Single Post
Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 03-02-2014, 02:26 PM

I was pinged!

Hello there ombreuse! You have some nice things going so far! I'm not going to comment on your first dress as the light source was already addressed and you say you are going to fix that...so I'll comment on the ball gown instead.

The shape is really lovely. We don't have a big fluffy ballgown like that yet so it's cool to see. I'm glad someone pinged me here to see your stuff! I loooove to make dresses for the mene avatars!!! And you have some lovely ideas!

Take a look at where I circled below:

It looks like a chunk was "eaten" from the boob area...it should be a nice smooth progression from under the armpit to up the boob.

Also, I'm looking at your highlights and it's just a few random pixels thrown in here or there. I would look for a way to integrate the highlights more as it almost looks like they were accidentally placed down.

I'm looking at your recolors. Might I suggest some more "tame" palettes to recolor in? Some of the palettes on the mene palette board are REALLY contrasty and honestly need to be redone (will be my summer project actually). If you use more palettes that are "new" it might help tone down the contrastedness....palettes like sage and petrol and merlot and regal and sparrow and charcoal and floral might be a bit less "in your face" with the highlights and contrastedness. (to give you some history - some of the palettes have been around since mene began in 2007...we have since decided toning some of them down might look better - so I usually use the mene palette guide as a guideline but adjust the pixels as I am making items for events...as I go. I need to just update that completely to avoid confusion).

I was going to suggest updating the bottom of hte dress a little bit but I can see that you have started to do that. Your update still isn't quite there yet, so I would keep working on that!

I find it very helpful to look at already existing mene items as I work for reference...the posh set has this HUGE skirt that has some beautiful folds in it - it might help you with placement of highlights and such :)

You are off to a great start and you work really fast which is really great!!! Keep up the good job and I hope you don't mind the constructive crits!!