View Single Post
salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

Old 11-13-2014, 04:17 PM

~*Being Thankful*~

I am fortunate to have someone whom I look up to as a mentor. I would like to dedicate this post to this person. In order to keep my mentor's identity anonymous, I will use Afrodonkey as a pseudonym and use he/him/his as pronouns to refer to him.

Afrodonkey came into my life four years ago. I was so young then (okay, not really), and didn't quite realize at the time why or how I came to be his mentee. But somehow, it happened. I mean, it wasn't just coincidence. After all, we had the same interests and similar goals. I guess the reason I word it this way is that I sometimes wonder how I was so lucky to meet Afrodonkey. He changed my life in so many ways.

He gave me support. Whenever I encountered a problem -- whether it was academic, work-related, or personal -- I came to trust his judgment of the situation. He is extremely wise, and has given me so much good advice.

He opened doors of opportunity. Whenever I had a dream -- and I have many dreams -- Afrodonkey would help me with my plan to achieve it, if he could.

He helped me grow. Not only am I four years older than when I first met Afrodonkey (heh) -- I feel that I am so much wiser and more experienced because he took me under his wing.

And, he's just great overall. Part of the reason I look up to and respect him is not only because of his accomplishments and how he has helped me achieve mine -- it is also because of my appreciation for how he is so approachable, responsive to questions, and flexible.

I'll end that here (maybe go into more detail in a future post if I have anything specific to add).

Just wanted to say...

Last edited by salvete; 11-20-2014 at 03:56 PM..