View Single Post
salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

Old 11-15-2014, 08:36 PM

~*I'm stuffed!*~

My belly is huge right now, stuffed with food! I just got home from lunch at a restaurant with extended family members. There were eight of us in total. I am in half a food coma right now, so let's see...where to begin?

I guess I'll talk about all the delicious food I ate.

So first, we ordered two trays of xiaolongbao, also known as soup dumplings because each one contains a pool of "soup" along with the meat. Delicious! Although I've heard that the soup inside is actually juice from the pork skin that they put inside the dumpling, this fact does not deter me from enjoying it. I usually eat xiaolongbao by itself, but some of my family members love to dip it in soy sauce and vinegar. I ate about five of these.

Then, we ordered three plates of shenjianbao, which is a pan-fried bun topped with scallion and sesame. I found these incredibly filling because of the bread-like exterior. I ate maybe five of these as well.

Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view
(Note: I didn't take photos at the restaurant, so all images are from the internet.)

We had two different soups. I couldn't find photos that resembled what we had, but basically:
Soup #1 had tofu and a green leafy veggie in it. It was a thick soup, like they had added corn starch.
Soup #2 was sort of like egg drop soup, but it had many different vegetables boiled together in it.

As for the dishes, we had white rice with one plate of each:
eggplant
fish
pork chops
beef
chicken and cashew
shrimp and peas
Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view

Last edited by salvete; 11-20-2014 at 04:01 PM.. Reason: It was actually pork chops that we ate, not lamb chops.