Thread: Forgotten Wars
View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 02-09-2014, 08:51 AM

Lee grasped the bars in front of him as if he were ready to rip them off the door. "It was in your nature once! Caring, appreciating, loving... It was all at hand and I could see it. Once you were a sweet little boy and you got away from life by going to that lake. You were compassionate at one time, soft-spoken, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't love all that about you at one time. You're not beyond help---no more than I am. Do you honestly think I can stand in those torture stations and watch people being torn to pieces, cut to shreds, mauled by attack dogs, burned and frozen and literally skinned alive without feeling sick!? No.. It haunts my dreams. Every order I've given. Every lash of the whip, every drop of acid, every cell of blood is on my hands. Mine alone."

He lowered his head, blinking away tears and glaring back at Steel. "I don't know if you understand it. Do you ever kill? And after every kill, every moment of agony, do you think about their families? What will their kids think? What will their husbands and wives think? Will they ever be able to fill the void I ripped into their hearts? Will I ever be able to seek forgiveness? Will they ever look at me without God's hatred in their eyes? I don't think so, and I don't deserve that. I'm not a heartless husk of a human being---I have a soul! You just have to dig for it. And if I have a soul, you damn sure do. That young man you used to be is there. And I'm offering you help to find it again." He had to look around, but no one was moving about.