Thread: Forgotten Wars
View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-09-2014, 09:08 AM

Steel stared down at the ground, at the stains in the earth he didn't want to know the origin of. He couldn't bare to look at Lee when he confessed the kinds of things he did. Even something as cold as Steel couldn't help but flinch. Couldn't help but wonder if the kind of person who could shred a person with pain could ever be a friend. But...every experience that Steel could remember of Lee did not match the image of a torture master at all. The person in front of him could feel and that was one things Steel did not doubt at all.

Without thinking, he grasped one of the hands that rested on the bars. "The ghosts that haunt me are just a different color," he said quietly. He would not belittle Lee's ghosts. They were something he understood even if they were a different color as he said. Ghosts were ghosts, and they could not be faked. The look in Lee's eyes spoke of real haunting pain and nightmares that would never be erased. "Maybe the old me is still in here. Maybe...but how can you help me?" An honest question, no bite to it. He really wanted to know what could be done to help him in a place like this. He was not in some sort of place suited to remembering a compassionate and loving nature.