View Single Post
Dreizehn
Void Walker

Old 10-12-2012, 08:24 PM

Ana was suddenly glad for Palmer's decision of splitting them up. Despite being excited over the anticipation of the procedure that would take place, she was relieved that she would not be constantly watched over by the others in the room. Sure they were her comrades in the war, but that did not mean they got the privilege of getting a sneak peek of just what was to be in store for them. Then again, different procedures, different mutations could mean diverse reactions as whether their DNA was able to bond correctly to the rearranging that was about to take place.

She saw the small glance that Plamer had given her, his eyes belying his emotions to her once again even in that brief moment. Inhaling deeply she closed her eyes and let it out slowly and quietly, it was due to that look that anger had begun to flood her being. She was growing weary over the nervousness in the room. Sure she understood why Palmer was feeling the way that he was as this was a large leap for humankind and a key turning point in this war, but if she was feeling comfortable with having her original genetic map manipulated why the unease from everyone else? This was her purpose after all. Perhaps it was an overraction on her part and she should be reassuring Palmer that she was confident that all would go well. The problem was, that just was not in her nature.

Felton asking her about her two most prominent marks caused her to subconsciously touch the one on her abdomen, slightly turning her head to look down at the ugly thing.
"Just an accident on my part from a knife during a training mission. The one on my shoulder is just... Another accident as well from a mission." She shrugged her shoulders and dropped her hand to look at Felton.

Her scars' history were not from anything nearly as colorful or brutal as Korey's or Chris for that matter. His hushed tones indicated that something made him a bit sheepish about the scars near his mouth. At that Ana had a few subject matters narrowed down as to what they may have been from, not that it was any of her concern.

Ana had decided to move closer to where Palmer was and asked, "So I'll be out for a week? Do you really think that it will take that long for the procedure and for me to recover? Finally, is there anything else that you wanted to go over with me personally before we started this?" She thought about lending some sort of comforting words to him but though better of it as she would undoubtedly botch the moment of trying to alleviate some of his stress.