View Single Post
HC-Gal
Badass Freakin' Overlord!
Send a message via MSN to HC-Gal Send a message via Yahoo to HC-Gal

Old 02-12-2015, 06:14 AM

"Oh, a slight misunderstanding." Evangeline winced, slightly taken aback by his explanation of how he used technology, she smiled though, "Like my shadows are myself, the extension of my form, so too are your tools. That is what I meant by something greater. Any fool can use a gun, but they cannot think and do like you do." She mentioned, trying to explain what she'd said the first time, "There are even fools who turn to the occult with little knowledge of what they toy with. Their folly is an eyesore to behold. Or sometimes worse.." She seemed to drift into through for a moment, caught in an unpleasant memory, but then she simply closed her eyes and sighed before looking up again at the grand room they'd entered.

Waiters were milling about, preparing tables, getting them lined up with cutlery and serviettes, vases, glasses and various assortments of fancy decoration, it was about what she'd expected, two great families being 'merged' by a wedding, but the idea of two different methods of assassination being forced to co-mingle like this in such a brute force effort by making an arranged marriage of it,
"It is all a strange sort of folly.." She spoke her thoughts out loud, but then realized what she'd said, glancing at at Alister, a slight frown on her face,
"And what say you to this? An arranged marriage between us? For myself it would have occurred, regardless, but I do not know if that is how it works with your family, have you already accepted this?" She wondered, it would have been nice to hear a different opinion about it, her family had already given her all the supposed positives about it, or rather simply spoken of the benefits of being closely tied with a family-like Alisters.

None of it actually proved to show much in the way of personal benefit, however. Her family would naturally even expect a child of the bonding. Typical, standard fare tradition, it didn't matter what she would feel or think about the matter. She withdrew her hand from his arm as a shadowy tendril reached up to the front of her cloak, it unfastened the clamp keeping it in place and the mantle spread open, allowing her full form to be revealed, the dark and golden fabrics and the formfitting outfit below, the golden bands and rings. In a magi's line of work, precious metals like gold or silver were well-known conductors for magical energy and were capable of acting like a focus, it wasn't uncommon to see them wear such things even in an everyday fashion, no matter how questionable,
"I would very much prefer to talk away from people. I dislike the many-eyed courts of human intrigue and half as many whispering lips.. They're all words and pointless banter."