View Single Post
Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 07-10-2018, 02:31 AM

All the words that Aym had been practicing seem to fade the closer the angel got. Chocolate eyes watched intently, and relief flooded them when the angel was, indeed, Lairen. The other angel spoke, and Aym felt relief, because his carefully prepared speech was gone.

Lairen wouldn’t even look at him. Well, not his eyes. The angel seemed to hover there, and Aym felt his sore wings twitch under the scrutiny. Self conscious, Aym tried to raise them a little higher. There was a strain, and it ground into his shoulder blades, but they managed to lift an inch or so. They still didn’t look exactly right, but it was hard to explain, and Aym didn’t bother.

“I thought…well…I didn’t think you’d come. But, I hoped you would.” Aym stated simply. He wasn’t dressed in the simple robe now. His ears were pierced in multiple places, and various bands wove around his throat and his wrists. Some band was displayed on his tight shirt, and comfy jeans rested on his thighs. He shoved his hands into those jeans and kicked his boot against the roof awkwardly.

“Yeah.” Came Lairen’s answer, although it seemed to take a long while for Aym to answer, and the angel couldn’t look at the lilac haired boy when he did. “I have.”

Aym hesitated for a long while, the speech burning his tongue. Eventually, Aym pushed it away again, and sighed. He couldn’t drag Lairen down with him…literally. The strain on his shoulders became too much, and the wings drooped once again, the tips of them brushing the ground. “I…I’m glad you came. Despite the trouble. I wanted to see you again. Thank you.” Thoughts began flooding his mind, the same kind that had led to Aym’s downfall in the first place. “I…” Aym faltered. Lairen was a great angel. When they had first become friends, they had been alike, but Lairen, like other angels, had grown out of the questioning phase. He’d done what he needed to, answered how he was supposed to.

A pale hand moved through Aym’s brown locks and he sighed, “I’m…I’m sorry Lairen. I didn’t mean to…I…I promise. This…it just happened. Before I knew it. I’m so sorry. I didn’t want to leave...” More words were stifled, and the fallen went back to staring at the ground.