View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-25-2018, 03:00 AM

Even though he knew it shouldn't, warmth spread through Lairen at the touch of Aym's hand in his. How could the other man so easily do what he could not? But then, they were always like that, Aym always the one who could act more freely without thinking about the rules so deeply ingrained in his own head. "Even if you belong here, I don't like it," he finally admitted after a second, staring his eyes right into Aym's, trying to show just how much this hurt. Not that it was Aym exactly who hurt him, but the world. The cruel universe conspired against them and that hurt Lairen in a way he didn't expect.

"I really didn't want things to turn out this way. I'll miss you, even if you don't hate this as much as I do. I...I really hope that you would m-miss me too?" The words came out as a question. Lairen couldn't hide his hesitation as he shook his head again, wanting to deny Aym's words. He wanted to deny that he would and should move on. That he shouldn't return here. That he should forget. Forget? That was one thing that he couldn't do no matter how much Aym asked.

Suddenly filled with conviction, he grasped Aym's other hand, squeezing them both tight. "I absolutely won't try to forget you! You are and always will be my best friend! Aym, you shouldn't try to fly up again. W-what if you get your wings torn off? Or you fall even farther than before? It's too dangerous. It would be better for me to meet you down on earth! I'll...start taking missions or something. I can find a reason to be here. I just...don't want this to be the last time we see each other. He couldn't live on if it was. He thought that, but in the back of his mind, he knew that he could and that he would. It just felt like too much and he'd be sad. Shouldn't that count for something? An angel should proclaim joy. So what if his joy belonged with Aym.

"It will all work out, okay?" he added at the barest of whispers, not sure if he believed his words. But he had to try. For himself. For Aym.