View Single Post
Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 05-09-2018, 03:46 AM

"There you are!" Emery exclaimed, voice entirely too loud for the calm of the library, as he scrambled up to Samir, recent growth spurt limbs uncoordinated, especially in his excitement. "Why I didn't look here first I don't know. You're always in the library these days, Samir!" He grabbed the other boys arms, pulling him up, "Come on, everyone's gathering in the park for a water balloon fight, we can't miss it!"

He pulled Samir out of the library with him, disregarding the mess that would inevitably be left behind. He knew Samir would be back later and the books probably wouldn't have been moved, except maybe straightened up by the old librarian, Mr. Dorcette. A librarian who had long giving up chastising Emery's outbursts, and held an honest soft spot for the two boys. Often, reminiscing about his youth and meeting his soulmate in front of them and every now and then, especially in the cold months, surprising the boys with a treat like hot cocoa.

"I need you on my team, today! We're gonna finally beat Ryan and show him just why we're so awesome!" Emery exclaimed, a determined look painting over his feature.