View Single Post
Devilfern
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Devilfern

Old 10-06-2011, 03:30 AM

A treacherous smile escaped Claudia's lips as Samuel mentioned her country. She nodded her head slightly, feeling a bit better about her predicament on the whole. Maybe she could enjoy herself here, meet interesting people and actually socialize for once...but she was getting ahead of herself. "Yes, I am King Leono's second daughter." Claudia said, smoothing out her skirt. She always felt self-conscious when giving her title. She didn't feel particularly special -- shouldn't a princess feel regal and elegant all the time? But she did her best to hide it in front of Samuel.

"Where do you come from, Lord Winters? If I had to guess, I'd say somewhere up north." She gave him a little smile, her eyes belying a bit of mischief. "Back at home,w we can always tell the foreigners by who has the palest skin." Claudia had been very surprised to find that ladies from other countries were ashamed of freckles and tried to hide them with makeup -- in Orcade, it was a sign of beauty and health to have a fine sprinkling on one's cheeks and nose. Her own were said to be a testament to the fine lineage she came from, back at home. But things were different abroad...it seemed like so many things were different.