View Single Post
Irishrain
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-17-2013, 08:27 AM

So i am a firm believer in open communication with your doctor.. However i had the worst experience ever with my new doctor.. It went like this...

So... I went to my doctor appointment today and i just dont understand what to do. I have arthritis in my back and my weight doesnt help I GET THAT.. ya know? Apparently they dont. I am getting so much grief over being fat its crazy. My doctor asked me why i wanted to establish with her, i told her that i had a conflict of personality or interest with the other doctor (who was also a fat hater!) She insisted i tell her WHY i didnt get along with the other doctor and i said thats personal. Well she told me she wouldnt see me unless i told her...

soo...

i told her! And then.. she started getting all mad at me telling me if i have such an issue with people telling me that i am fat (WHEN I AM) then i need to get counseling! So she refered me to a counselor! She said if i know i need help but i get mad at people for "offering help" (apparently by telling me i am fat and starving 3rd world countries children, and cutting off all of my pain meds) Then i must be bipolar... Yea.. she said i have depression and bipolar disorder because i dont like being harassed about being fat! Gah i am so damn pissed off right now! Its unreal!

What do YOU tell your doctors? Do you take any pain meds? I dont like need ot know what kind but if you do do your doctors make your life hell about it? (sorry if i am delving to deep personally) I am just so frustrated and no one seems to understand what i am going through. She also said that because i sleep 18 hours a day sometimes that i must be narcoleptic... yea... omg.. how about I AM JUST TIRED!? I have sleep apnea and some heart issues too! AND hypothyroid BAD. I also have 4 kids. I go to bed at 2am because i homeschool one child and i am up by 6am the next day to take the other 3 to school, run errands and then pick them all up at 2 different schools at 3 different times!

To top it all off she asked me "what would you do if i set a peice of chicken in front of you?" and i said um.. i would wonder why you put chicken in front of me... ? And she said "Nope, try again.." and i was like whaaat?.... And so then she said "You would wonder why you couldnt have more than once peice and where the rest was and why you didnt get anything but chicken. You would ask about additional sides and if there would be seconds" I was so shocked literally outta my chair i nearly fell over from shock. FIRST OF ALL i dont even EAT CHICKEN! I freakin hate it! Unless it Super dry and i have to pick through it thoroughly. SECOND off... Who the hell do you think you are? I mean really? How rude can you possibly be to say something so outlandish and horrible to someone you JUST MET. I was so upset and offended i nearly punched her in the face and walked out.

I get that a doctor is supposed to be concerned for your health (as i said) but there is a damn line that you should NOT cross especially if you know NOTHING about the other person. She said "i read enough in your file to know whats really the issue" Well OBVIOUSLY YOU DONT LADY!

huff/puff/ huff... Sorry again just needed to rant. I was so hurt by her actions and i now cannot get my lifesaving meds from anyone! I dont know what i am gonna do. I cant go more than a few days w/o thyroid meds... So pissed off at the medical personnel of the Clinics. But in my town you go there or to the ER they monopolize EVERYTHING. I am so sick of living here.