View Single Post
jupiter
inactive account

Old 07-20-2014, 10:12 PM

So...I worked at a doctors' clinic (orthopedic, to be specific) and I noticed a lot of what doctors and their aids would do is blame problems on weight. They get around it by saying "well-nourished patient" and sort of stopping care at that point. Understandably, there are quite a few problems that can be reduced with weight loss and dietary changes, but it's really trendy right now for doctors to tell patients that "It's your weight" and then take another golfing vacation. My own personal experience stems from my mother at the VA. They kept telling her that she had bad this, bad that, and wanted her on medication (often doctors and offices get kickbacks for prescribing more to patients, so be weary) or to lose weight. She ate almost nothing but fruits, veggies, and salads all the time, and was working out most days of the week. She had dropped weight from her already healthy frame, and they just kept saying it was her weight. What a bunch of croaks, right?

Honestly, I wouldn't see that doctor again. Especially if what you said is true, and after the chicken comment. It's insensitive and unbecoming of a doctor or a fucking professional for that matter. Don't sit back and let someone treat you like that.