Thread: The Aeronauts
View Single Post
Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 09-02-2014, 10:39 PM

It was no surprise that Ethan failed to hear Crispin's quiet memory beyond the rattling china in the larger man's hand. He needed that tea now more than ever because the unmistakable red bricks of Reading was starting to materialize outside the window. "Yeah..." he said at a loss, "Maybe I can figure out it's self navigation... issues."

Programming. Did he really just suggest he knew how to program a navigation system? "I don't have much confidence that I'd make a difference." Spade winced and quaffed his tea. This was what he got for sticking his nose into other people's business. He wondered how on Earth some of his ex's managed to be so good at it without the repercussions he was now suffering, but, with a grimace into his cup, ultimately chalked that up to experience. His teacup was soon drained well before the steamy liquid could calm his shaken nerves. In a futile effort to extend it's general effects Ethan held the teacup up to his mouth, willing more tea to materialize and spare him the rest of his spontaneous air-cruise to the Atlantic.

When the tea refused to regenerate itself within the fine, yet perfectly ordinary teacup the matter was settled. He was determined to sit out the rest of this bizarre ride, get back to his job and never consider fighting crime again. Madness must have compelled him, that was it. Temporary, glorious madness... just like the sight just beyond the glass that separated them from the landscape flying along below them. "That can't be Oxford already..."